Chapter Three:Looking Around, Looking Good and Looking Suspicious

Ahiru sighed. Their plan to find any more of Drosselmeyer's writing devices went rather sour. They'd asked the dress maker, and while it was clear that there were cogs hidden too at the back of that store, behind the large clock in the room where she made the leotards and costumes, there wasn't a writing device anymore. Most places hadn't seemed to have any seemingly obvious place and she was almost completely clueless of it's existence. Basically all they had left for there was a white bodysuit that they had been more or less convinced to buy for Ahiru.

Fakir on the other hand wasn't sure why Ahiru seemed so down about not finding a story telling device. Clearly if Drosselmeyer hadn't created another story telling device then they had less to worry about...either that or he'd hid it well. It did weigh on the mind but they'd signed up for this when they'd decided to stay.

They left for class that day quite early. Ahiru had hoped to mention Sleeping Beauty to Ms. Setsuna, while Fakir...well for Ahiru's sake would say it as well. To be honest he was quite sick of the theme of fairy tales, but Ahiru liked them. Appart from everything he wondered if it was because she wanted to have a fairy tale ending too. They were damn close to it. He walked behind her as she knew he mind was probably practicing the duet in her mind...she'd been hard on herself to live up to her legacy as Princess Tutu.

He'd begun to think that he should have a stronger mind to be closer to a Knight...but then again his Princess was safe. It really sounded corny, but he'd been much happier having Ahiru around, human too...knowing that his feelings weren't one sided, or at least not supposed to be. Finding out that his character had feelings for Tutu hadn't made him fall for Ahiru's cute and clumsy charm...those feelings had already been present, but maybe made him feel a little more comfortable with those feelings.

She was better than him in a lot of ways though. If she was really Princess Tutu on the inside, it was for certain she had the kindest heart he'd ever know.

"Fakir?"

He shook his head, and found his own cheeks a little warm from his thoughts. "Yea?"

"We're here." Ahiru said as she took the handle to the studio door.

"Oh." He'd really zoned out this time. It really wasn't like him, mechanically walking and not thinking about where he'd been going. He nodded and followed her in.

Pike and Lillie were already there. So was Autor and some of the other students all stretching for class talking about their choices, while some remained to keep theirs hidden. Ahiru walked over to them and Fakir followed behind.

"So what did you think of Nesumir? Or what did he tell him to call you Nesu?" Lillie said with an overzealous laugh.

"Oh it was nothing. He's kind of strange and-" Pike said before they noticed the room go silent. Ahiru wondered what it was, or if it was Director Setsuna's arrival? They looked up to see most of the class was stairing at a boy.

Nesumir had arrived.

This time he had no glasses on at all. Rather his longer tosseled strands of mousy brown hair lightly hit his eyes, his particularly greyish eyes which lacked a pair of rather large glasses, as he walked in with an smug content-ness, seemingly oblivious to the stares. His chiseled features looked less ...

"Did I say strange? Because I meant to say dreamy." Pike continued correcting herself.

Ahiru was surprised at Pike. It was true though...Nesumir looked...different. Better.

Fakir looked at him hard. Something struck him as off. Even without the glasses. Nesumir caught Fakir's staring, and gave him a small smile, his eyes cool and relaxed.