My Brother Tree

"So he was rich?" Darla asked me as we sat at her kitchen table.

I was currently telling her a fabricated story about the guy who asked for my number today at work.

"Yes! I'm almost positive he was BALLING! He payed with a black card!" I gushed.

Okay so he payed with cash, a black card sounds way more appealing.

"And he looked like a bum?" She asked skeptically.

"He was a certified member of the pathetic race, except he just wasn't pathetic!" I told her. She stared at me.

"I blame you! He asked me for my number and I tried to show resistance and not give it to him and I missed out!" I blamed.

"You've got to be kidding me!" She started to laugh. I continued stuffing my face.

"Sure blame me! go right ahead, I don't have the energy to even try to tell you why you are so wrong," She giggled.

"And girl, SO tell me why when I was walking over here I bumped into Hotty from high school." I told her.

She gave me a blank stare. "Who is that?"

"Oh my god! You know who I'm talking about! He was super hot, Jock like...."

"Can I get a name?" She urged.

"I was hoping you knew, that's the thing. He bumped into me and we had a short convo, but I couldn't remember his name, He was upset and wouldn't tell me his name when he realized I didn't know it. He said next time I see him to tell him his name." I said.

She smirked.

"So he went to our high school?" She asked me.

"Yes, He didn't really ever cross paths with us though, I know he's a gym teacher now at the-"

"OH! Your talking about Gregory! Greg!" She said.

Greg.......

GREG!

"Yes! His names fucking Greg!" I said astounded.

"Wow, that was going to bug the hell out of me. Well it doesn't even matter though, I only see him when he comes to get his prescription and I can just hide from him." I said.

"Why would you hide from sexy." She asked.

"Okay ew. He's not sexy. Cute hell yes, but sexy.....no. Cute in like a little brother on the football team type way and I'm hiding because how awkward it's gonna be!" I said laughing.

"How will it be awkward please enlighten me." Darla said amused.

"Dee, I just cant handle the awkwardness, I could barely handle the awkwardness when I didn't know his name!" I said to her.

She was laughing.

"So enough about me though I have one more hour before I have to go, I guess we can talk about you." I joked.

She playfully hit me.

"You know I live vicariously through you, I'm boring. Married with two gorgeous kids." She told me laughing.

I giggled.

What a tough life.

"How is Mitchell and you, I haven't seen him in a while."

"Mitchell is perfect. Too fucking perfect ya know? He's in Texas right now with his job and he facetimes me, every morning every night, sometimes during the day. Always checking on me and the kids and its just like, can he do something for me to complain about? He's perfect, I have no complaints other than I have no complaints ya know? It's frustrating really. I also miss him. He'll be home in 3 days though for at least a month." She told me.