The Informing

Three years ago, I was in eighth grade and I came out to everyone and I made this story in my stage of loneliness and feeling of rejection. I would have never thought that it would become such a large impact. I made this story based on all of my ideals and dreams I had. Based the characters on who I would want to see in a story I wished I could've grown up with. Looking back on it now, I have witnessed this story be a part of me that I would never want to see end. But like all good stories, there has to be a happily ever after. Thank you to all that have been with me since the start, you have been wonderful and I am grateful to you. Thank you to even those who may have just started to read this. You all have made a large impact on my life and my view of my story. I will continue this story, so don't think that even with long updates that I have forgotten, or even abandoned this. So, I am coming to an end to my story. I mean that in a way that my chapters are closing in to the final.

Thank you,

MermaidKnight

Maia's POV

My consciousness rolls I and I lazily open my eyes. My entire vision capacity is superb and has strictly improved.

"Everything about you has improved, Knight Maia." I turn my head to my side and see someone I haven't seen in ages. I gasp and she smiles kindly in return.

"Welcome back" she states softly. We stay in brief eye contact until I hear the previous King clear his throat.

"Is she awake?" He questions softly, obviously tensioned. She nods her head and moves out of the way so I can see the king. As soon as his eyes meet mine, he gives out a large smile and lifts a fist in the air in victory.

The girl looks to me and gestures if I need help up. I test out my once dead and cold body. My limbs move at my immediate command and I stand with ease and precision.

"Not to be imposing, Knight Maia, but I need your help in finding my daughter and rescuing her." He says in worry. He must have been through a thousand deaths today.

"Sire, I know where she is. I may not be able to explain, but I overheard the thugs speak of the East Forest and a tower that lays there." Immediately speaking of the East Forest, the king's face falls.

"Is that so? Come with me then." He leads me out of the room and gestures to the girl I cannot find the name for, to come with us. We come to the ballroom and all the precious memories come back to me in nostalgia.

'I miss her.' The King walks to the center of the room and lifts a block of the floor, revealing a hidden door.

"I made this hidden location in fear that something like this would happen." He lifts the door with an eerie creek. He takes the initiative to go down the downward leading stairs first. Both me and the girl follow behind.

"My name is Elizabeth, Knight Maia." She says as we touch the bottom. I know this is the girl who has saved me. I also am very certain I have seen her before. I wish I could remember. I take her shoulder and pull her into a warm hug.

"Thank you." As on contact, her distinctive scent brings me back. King clears his throat, suggesting we keep on moving, breaking me out of my close realization. We lead on a dark trail only lit by lanterns. We last a few minutes walking before we reach a large wooden door with iron handles. I reach forward and open it; as it seems way too large and bulky for the King to open. He chuckles in response as he jokingly pushes me inside. My mouth hangs down like a fool as I look around the room filled with a large variety of armor and weapons. A small fortune must have went into creating all of this.

"All of these are fit for you to use. For I made these in your size so you can serve this kingdom. And in this case, save my daughter and your lover." I look to him and before I could formally shake his hand, he crushes me in a tight embrace.