The Restrictment

As I head off onto to the King's castle, I am dumbfounded on the reason why I am forced to attend a meeting where nothing is directed at myself. I, Maia Amsel, am the best knight in all of Knavesmire, and I refuse to attend such a waste of my precious time which I could spend training for future battles.

Though, I wander through my memories of the conversation I held with the messenger. This meeting will be about the Defense and War. Perhaps this meeting will prove to be useful after-all. Though, if this is as important as the messenger claims, there will be no good news awaiting, I assume. But, why was I specifically requested? What are they planning? I continue the ride on my steed towards the distant castle; apprehensive of what I will have in store in my near future.

***

I arrive in the town, seemingly in good terms with the people. I recognize every soul in the town of Wedgemore. I am able to remember everyone's faces in the whole kingdom of Knavesmire. I am required, as a knight and warrior, to remember the faces of everyone I may eventually need for my assignments.

In some cases, in my deepest thoughts of course, I wish I could live an ordinary life as everyone in this town. I grow tired and weary of having to be forced to live apart from the society and having no contact, hardly ever, to the people of this kingdom. I wonder if anyone knows about what goes on outside of this seemingly peaceful town. Would they have terror towards me? Ignorance is bliss after-all.

I am waved to by all the people of Wedgemore; as if I am some sort of hero in their eyes. I, much to the contrary, should be classified as a villain. Oh yes. I am far, NO, distant from what they expect a hero to be. I half chuckle to myself. These people are in no way informed of half the work I am assigned to do. I have killed hundreds of people from the assignments requested especially for myself from the King. I do not suppose I have remotely felt this lonely in my life so far.

I keep the girlish tears that reveal weakness from falling. If I show any part of my weak being to anyone I will be cast away; In ALL aspects. This is the way it has to be. This kingdom holds women towards the lowest placement. We, as women, are treated as dirt; as if we are no better than a dog. This way of being has been held here for centuries; no appearance of any change that will occur. That is why such a person like me, a women, no less than a young lady, am forced to act as a stone hardened person with everyone expecting me to be similar, if not better, than a man.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Im indeed sorry about the late update. Im grounded and right now im at my schools comp. i am going to make a part 2 to this chapter as soon as possible!