Vikklan- Dance

Vikk's P.O.V.

I was stood on the lawn with my hands shaking, nerves kicking in far earlier than normal. I was ways nervous before filming a big video, especially if it was football, but I had come to accept that as part of life. These nerves were different though.

It was full on anxiety, I was terrified of the judgement that would surely follow.

You see, we were doing the dance challenge and I knew exactly what was coming. Contemporary was surely going to be one of them, and I knew a lot more about contemporary than anyone knew and had been doing it for years, years and years actually. I had only been 5 when I started my first lessons and I fell in love with it, never wanting to stop.

The only person who knew the full truth was Lachlan, perched on the edge of a garden chair just behind the camera. He had known for years, almost since I first met him because he revealed to me that he loved photography, one of his favourite past times, and I decided to tell him my secret, pairing the two together.

Now, whenever we were spending time together he took photos of my dances, giving me time to practice and him a shot at taking photos when the subject was moving. Landscape photography was his speciality but he had said that he wanted to broaden his horizons and move onto taking photos of people and animals as well.

When he saw I was looking he gave me a nervous smile, knowing just what I was feeling. He knew if contemporary came up as one of the dances that I would have to reveal my secret, as I didn't want to keep it under the wraps any longer than I had too, especially with an opportunity like this.

"Right, are we ready?" Simon was looking around at everyone and they all nodded, myself included after a moments hesitation. "Okay. 3, 2, 1."

"Hello everyone and welcome to another Sidemen video! Today we are doing.... The dance challenge! But you already knew that from the title! God dammit!" I heard Ethan snort beside me.

"So we're going to get Lachlan, who's behind the camera by the way, say hi." Lachlan poked his head around the camera, giving a little salute. "To randomly generate 3 different types of dances and we've got to try and do them!" Josh interrupted.

"Just so you know, none of us know how to dance so don't be offended if we fuck this up... A lot." JJ nodded, agreeing.

"Whoever we think is the best will be the winner... But to be honest I don't think any of us are going to win because we're all so bad."

Lachlan gave me one last quick smile, knowing that the next part was going to be edited out before we started the main part of the video. He was in charge of making sure the camera was in focus and it was looking the right way, which was really the only reason he was out there.

"Okay so the first dance is..." There was a pause as the dance was generated, using something on his phone, what I wasn't sure. "Breakdancing!"

I heard Tobi curse under his breath and everyone looked around at each other, not even sure where to start. Yes I had seen many other dancers doing breakdancing at the studio but I had no idea how to do it or what to do, and everyone else felt the same way.

"I guess we just have to do this... This is going to be so bad." Josh was the one who spoke up after a good half minutes of silence, trying to get the video underway.

None of us had any clue what we were doing so the first part of the video consisted of us rolling around on the mat we had set out on the lawn and laughing at each other. Tobi was the only one who was somewhat decent, at least had some coordination and managed to do a headstand, but that was it.