Five.

***

VOTE please!

***

The next afternoon, I find myself on FaceTime with the girls again, telling them that Justin and Maverick had been at dinner the previous night. Almost as if on cue, Camila walks into the bedroom, causing both of their heads to turn and Paislee to speak up.

"Hey! Justin and Maverick were at dinner with Hadlee last night!"

"What?!" Camila screams, walking over and giving me a look. "What happened?"

I laugh lightly. "Hi Cami."

"Hey." she says, flashing her infamous smile. "Now, elaborate."

"Nothing happened," I shrug. "They were just at dinner. Maverick was all braggy about how he thinks he's getting a promotion soon and blah blah blah. I lost my appetite, excused myself and left the dinner table."

"Wait, so that's it? No conversation or anything?" Daniella whines, disappointed.

I grin. "Well, I did see more of his face. His jaw was sharp, his eyes are like a hazel and his hair is a medium brown." I say, blushing.

"Oo, you were so checking him out." Paislee sings.

My cheeks turn a deep red and I hide my face, giggling like a schoolgirl.

"Oh my gosh!" Daniella giggles.

"Okay, I kinda think he's a player though." I say, ruining the light mood.

The girls whine. "Why?"

"Because he kinda came to my room after I left dinner and talked to me." I say, biting my lip nervously.

"What?!" Paislee squeals excitedly. "What happened?!"

I shrug. "Nothing much. He pointed out that I had an attitude with Maverick, admitted he had been watching me during dinner cause he pointed out I barely ate anything and said I was intriguing because I was the only one brave enough to throw attitude at my brother."

"Then, why do you think he's a player?" Daniella asks, furrowing her brows.

"Because he always had a smirk on his face and I don't know.. Just the atmosphere when I was around him, y'know?"

"Atmosphere?" Cami snorts.

"Come on, Cam, you know what I'm talking about." I tell her, rolling my eyes playfully.

"Yeah, I do. And I say if you think that's the way he is and he's sneaking around to talk to you, then he's gonna try to make a move and you shouldn't fall for it." she says. "I say stay away from him."

"I say that she needs to give him a couple chances to talk to her and see what happens." Paislee says, disagreeing.

"I say that it's up to Hadlee whatever she chooses to do." Daniella notes, looking back and forth between them before letting her eyes land on the screen where she can see me.

I grin weakly, shrugging. "I'll figure it out."

"I think it's kind of cute that he was watching you." Paislee comments, ignoring the statement Dani had made.

I laugh once.

"You mean creepy." Cami says, giving Paislee a look.

I roll my eyes. Here we go. "Guys, come on, chill. I will figure out whether or not I want contact with him. Which, by the way, I'm not sure about yet. I'll think about it." I shrug.