Chapter 2

Niall lay awake, he'd been in and out of sleep for the past 2 hours. He had been almost on the brink of falling asleep when he had heard Harry. He could hear Harry through the paper thin walls. He could hear Harry and Liam talking, but couldn't understand what they were saying. Their voices were muffled. He wasn't sure whether they were both having a conversation or sleep talking. However, Niall could hear Harry sobbing. It was almost enough for Niall to leave his bed and find out what's going on. He was concerned because Harry doesn't often cry. Before Niall could think of going to check on Harry, his door opened and the light switched on. The light was blinding. Niall squinted for a few seconds before he could focus on the two figures in his room. He noticed Liam first, who looked like he was beyond terrified. But when he took in the sight of Harry, he was overcome with a feeling that he'd never felt before. His heart dropped, and he began to move quickly.

He hadn't even noticed that the light had woken up Zayn from his slumber too.

"What the fuck is going on?" Zayn muttered, head peeking out from under his pillow.

"We need to get up and go now," Liam said firmly, as he looked back at Harry

Harry looked down at the floor, trying his damn hardest to focus on something. Anything but what is happening right now. Although it's virtually impossible anyway.

"Harry, are you alright?" Niall took a step towards him, looking at Liam.

Liam could tell that Niall was hurling a million questions at him just by the look he was giving him. Liam clenched his jaw, waiting for Harry's response.

"No. I'm not alright. Do I look alright? We need to go find Louis."

Niall looked back at Zayn, who was now sitting up in his bed. His hair stuck up in a million different directions and had a frown etched onto his face. Confused was an understatement.

"Where is he?" Zayn looked at Harry and then at Liam

The silence in the room was broken by a large sob that erupted from Harry. He closed his eyes and clenched his jaw, willing the pain to go away. But as Zayn asked the question, it all came back. The reality of it all came crashing down on him. It felt like there was a concrete slab crushing his chest. Tears began to fall all over again, and Harry started to ramble.

"He said he wanted to go for a walk. He hasn't come back. I found a letter, and I'm so scared. We need to find him. He was going to hurt himself, he's going to hurt himself. I can't. Please. I need to go find him," Harry was hyperventilating, his anxiety sky rocketing.

Zayn was out of the bed and by Harry's side almost instantly. He was talking to him in a low voice. It was low, but the room was that quiet that everyone could hear what he was saying.

"What letter? Can you show me the letter? It's going to be alright. We will find him."

Harry looked at Zayn, silently begging him.

"You can't read it. We just need to find him," Harry shook his head

"Please,"

Harry let out a low whine, and reached into his back pocket. Niall was frozen in place. Everything was running in slow motion. He watched as Harry handed Zayn a crumbled piece of white paper, and he watched Liam's eyed widen. Harry took a step back, almost as if to hide from Zayn. His hands move up to the top of his head, and he began to pull at it. Harry could feel his life quite literally shatter more with each second. He couldn't bring himself to look at Zayn as he read the letter. This was all Harry's fault. Harry was pulling at his hair so hard that it was a relief from the mental pain he felt.