n e v e r l a n d

l y r i c 's m e a n i n g ;

       ❝you would not believe your eyes if ten million fireflies

                     lit up the world as i fell asleep... 

      it's hard to say that i'd rather stay awake when i'm asleep,

                  coz everything is never as it seems... 

                         planet earth turns slowly... 

                  leave my door open just a crack,

                   i feel like such an insomniac...

     they got misty eyes as they said farewell (fireflies).❞

-"fireflies" by owl city

                            fireflies probably represent adam's dreams and how magical it is. that's why he says he catches them in a jar for us to see later. so his dreams are so interesting that sometimes he'd rather sleep than be in reality. then his dreams would be longer and he could sleep longer. every other lyric just describes his experiences within his dreams. maybe normally how children would like theyre doors to be kept to fall asleep. so he's trying everything to fall asleep. his dreams are ending. but he kept bits and pieces of his dreams with him so he mixed it with his insomnia experiences as a song.

****

l.u.6.27

well these lyircs really inrigued me and i thought of them coincidently as i was trying to sleep and bam the meaning of the song is exactly what i thought :o but some people were skeptical on the meaning but either way it's very interesting to know how creative someone's mind is to produce such a song especially like this :) "the meaning of this song is so magical! i can't explain but now seeing the video after it just amazes me :D"