chapter 3

Felt like I owed everyone an extra chapter since I was gone for so long :)

Here it is! xD

___________________________________

“Details are still coming in of the brutal murders of cameraman Paul Jones and one of our own news reporters Matilda Hanks.” The news reporter Alicia Alice said with bloodshot eyes. I curled up more into my blankets watching the TV.

The house was quiet with Justin and Evianna vacationing, Jake locked in the library only coming up every hour or so to check on me, Nico and Leah on Earth, and Leah’s parents at work in different dimensions. It’s only been two days since Jake told me I was to stay out of the library and I feel like shooting myself to end the boredom.

“Thinking about shooting yourself again?” I heard Jakes voice ask sitting next to me on the couch.

“It’s rude to listen to other peoples thoughts when their sulking,” I said pouting.

“It’s kind of hard not to when the sulking is pretty much screaming it in their head knowing I can hear it,” he responded smoothly causing me to crack a smile. He knew I could block him out of my head at any time.

“No comment,” I said before focusing on the TV again. The news reporter Alicia was explaining how it was said to believe an animal had caused these attacks but the animal has not been identified yet.

“Why are you watching such depressing news?” He asked suddenly changing the channel.

“Because it’s on,” I stated giving him a part of the truth.

“There are a lot more shows on,” he said flipping on to some show called Jersey Shore with a girl dancing and drinking half naked. He flipped the channel quickly and I laughed.

“Because it’s all stupid. Leave me be with the news, it’s the closest I’ll get to understand humans from Earth.” I said taking the remote away from him and flipping it back to another news channel broadcasted from New York. They were also talking about murders of some sort of animal.

“A  video has been recovered from the crimesene of one of the cameramen that disappeard a few nights ago in a woodsy area of central park, the police has only allowed us to show certain parts of the clip and here it is now.” A news anchor said as the began rolling the clip.

At first I couldn’t see what was on the screen until I realized that were were staring at a whole bunch of trees. You could tell the man was nervous by the way you could faintly hear his breathing going faster in shorter pants like if he had just finished running.

I sat up on the couch and moved closer to the TV. I could faintly hear a long noise that could made as a scream or a siren. The camera was turned left and right until it landed on glowing eyes that shone red instead of blue from a reflecting animals eyes. You could hear the cameraman gasp and before he could scream the camera dropped and went blurry before getting cut.

The view turned again towards the anchor man looking sorrowful. He looked down covering his face wiping some tears and you could hear faint sobbing from people in the studio the cameraman had once worked with.