Chapter 9

Sonic, Shadow, Tails, Silver, Amy, Blaze and Cream belong to SEGA.

Jake and Sophie belong to me.

Emerald Coast High also belongs to me.

---------------------------------------------------

Normal P.O.V

Did you guess which classes they had. Well, I can tell you now that they're not in the same class. ;) Sophie has science whilst Jake has tech studies.

Sophie's P.O.V

I quickly gathered my things and hurried to my next class. I wonder if Jake's going to be in it. I stopped just outside the classroom and waited for Jake to come out. When he finally did I approached him. "Hey Jake. What class do you have next?" I asked. He checked in his diary. "Tech. You?" My ears drooped slightly. "Science." He saw Shadow down the hall. "Bummer, I have to go now so I'll see you later. How's lunch?" I didn't know what to say. I promised Silver I'd be at the oval at lunch. I looked down a bit. "Um... I'm kind of busy at lunch." I said. "Doing what?" He asked. Then Silver came out of the classroom. "Hey Sophie, don't forget to meet me at lunch." He said. I stopped breathing for a second. Jake glared at Silver. "What did you say?" He said. Silver froze at the sight of Jake. "Jake. Didn't see you there. How's things?" He said, avoiding the question. He turned back to me. "Is that true?" He asked me. I nodded, shifting my gaze to the floor. "It's only so he can show me what he does with that glowy stuff." I said. Silver was sweating and trying to inch away from where we were standing. Jake noticed and whipped around. He gave him a death stare. "I'll deal with you later." He said to Silver. As he talked, I was inching away as well. As soon as I was a few metres away I broke into a sprint to my classroom. "Hey. Sophie." Silver called as he too broke into a run. "Wait for me!" He ran after me and before I knew it I was at my class. "Is this your class too?" I asked him. He looked at my class. "Nah, mine's across from here." He waved to me before walking into the class across the hall.

Silver's P.O.V

I can't believe that I escaped from Jake. He didn't like the fact that I'm showing Sophie my psychokinesis. I think he likes her. Damn. Wait, did I just say that. Ugh my mind is so messed up. I walked into my class and sat down. I can't let her get into my head.

Sophie's P.O.V

I walked into my science class to see a cream rabbit with a orange and cream dress on. I also saw Amy, Blaze and Tails. I face palmed at the sight of Amy waving me over. "Sophie, come sit here." She said in a low whisper. The desks were different in this class. Instead of one person desks, there were two person desks put together to make a six person desk. Tails was by himself at the back of the room. Amy on the other hand had saved a seat for me between her and Blaze. On the other side of Amy was the rabbit. She's got really long ears, I thought. I sat down next to Amy and she introduced me to the rabbit. "This is Cream." She said. She didn't say anything else. I was amazed that she didn't keep talking. I turned to Cream. "Nice to meet you, I'm Sophie." She smiled shyly. The teacher took the roll after Shadow and Claire find their seats. I hadn't seen much of Claire today. Shadow lent over and whispered in her ears. They then quietly laughed. Do they like each other? I thought. Claire lent over and planted a small kiss on Shadow's cheek. He blushed. I guess that answer that question.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Sophie's P.O.V

That was such a long science lesson, and half of the stuff I already knew. I was so relieved when the bell rang and we got dismissed from class. I ran to my locker to see Jake already there at his locker. I waited for a while and he walked away, towards the oval. What if he's going to beat up Silver? I shoved my books in and found Tails. "Tails, can you fly with those tails?" I asked him. "Are you kidding, I'm the best flyer in the school. Where do you want to go?" He replied. "To the oval. And fast." I said. We walked outside and I got a firm grip on Tails's hand. It was really wonderful flying. You could see everything. Before I knew it, we were at the oval and I could see Silver watching us as we touched ground. He came over to greet us. I ran to him. "That was a nice entrance." He said. "Listen Silver, I think Jake's coming to beat you up or something." He looked concerned. "What makes you think that?" He asked. "He was headed in this direction." Silver then picked up a few rocks. "Don't worry, he'll give you a better show." He threw the rocks in the air and when they were eye level they were enveloped in a green glow, just like the knife was in Home Ec.

Silver's P.O.V

Sophie was really impressed with my psychokinesis. I showed her lots of things before we were interpted by a blue blur. Sonic, such a show off. Hey, that means the prune juice wore off. I thought. I could tell Tails was thinking the same thing by the look on his face. He had a plan brewing. "Who's that blue blur?" Sophie asked. I looked at her. "The thing running around?" I asked. "Yeah." I dropped the rocks from my hold. "That's Sonic." She looked surprised. "Sonic, yeah right. I know he's fast but he's not that fast." She looked at me disbelievingly. "Prove it to her Silver." Tails said. "Sure." I clenched my hands and concentrated, trying to pinpoint Sonic's constantly moving location. Once I located him and where he was moving, I got my energy ready. "Hey Sophie, why'd you throw my chili dog over there!" I heard. It was Tails's way of luring Sonic closer. He was pointing somewhere, I could feel him doing it. Sonic ran past and I grabed him with my psychokinesis. I felt Sophie's jaw drop. I opened my eyes to see Sonic in a field of my energy. Tails and Sophie laughed. "Ok I believe you." I smiled at Sonic. "Hey!" Sonic yelled. He did a spin dash at the field. "There isn't a chili dog is there?" He asked. "Nope, sorry for tricking you bud but Sophie didn't think that the blue blur was you." He crossed his arms and frowned, he was now floating upside down. "Can you put me down? I'm hungry now." He said. I released him from my energy field and fell on his head. His face was in the grass. "Ow." He said with his mouth full of grass. He stood up and shook his head. "Woah." He got his balance back then took off. "See ya." He left a trail of light for a millisecond.