Chapter 3

You woke up Friday with a knot the size of Canada in your stomach and groaned. Today was going to be a long day. You contemplated just staying in bed and calling in sick but you knew that would only get you out of going to school. Adelynn and Nina would come over as soon as school ended and raid your house, steal your food and start yelling about how you needed to get ready and look presentable.

You were the one to say yes to going to the party after all and if you didn't show, your friends were going to kill you. And you'd be proving Aaron and his friends right after all this shit had gone down.

You weren't about to let that happen.

You got dressed for school and found yourself sitting in first period, tired beyond belief. TV Broadcasting was long and strenuous. You found yourself wishing you had just skipped school and stayed in bed, but you knew that wasn't an option anymore.

Adelynn walked through the door with a smile on her face, not even looking at Jacob and Carter who were sat in their usual back corner seats.

"Goodmorning!" She said, signing into the computer and bringing up her footage. You looked at her, confused. Why was she so happy?

"What's got you in such a good mood?" You asked, feeling Jacob and Carter watching you two.

"Nothing, I'm not in a good mood. I'm pissed off and I spilled my coffee on myself this morning because Jack "slipped" in the hallway and knocked all my books onto the floor." She said in a mockingly happy tone, her fingers hitting the keyboard with an unecessary amount of force.

"Are you joking? What the hell is wrong with him?"

"I don't know but that coffee was hot as hell and I think I have a two-degree burn on my arm thanks to him."

You went quiet as she typed angrily, hitting the keyboard with her fingers faster and faster. Eventually she hit a wrong key and groaned, giving up and running a hand through her hair.

"He didn't even apologize. Didn't even acknowledge me, the asshole. I hope his hair catches on fire."

You giggled a little at her anger, mainly because she hardly ever was and when she did get fed up, her insults were ridiculous. "Better keep your insults on the downlow, I think Jacob and Carter heard that last one." You advised, noticing that both of the guys were staring at you two.

"I don't give a shit! I hope they heard me. I hope you heard me and they heard me and that goddamn kid over there with hair that's shaped like a fucking cactus! Where is his mother and why is she letting him grow his hair like that? It's not attractive to look like a desert plant! I'm gonna go water that thing one day and-"

"Adelynn, tone it down. You're gonna get yourself into a fist fight and not know what to do." You said, laughing a little.

"I can take a hit better than cactus boy over there." She grumbled and went back to work.

Man, it was gonna be a long day.

***********

School was finally over and you surprisingly hadn't been harrassed that much by the guys. Adelynn had taken the brunt of it that morning and Nina had scared a few of them off earlier with her bitch face which was helpful.

After a few quick stops at Nina's and Adelynn's house to grab a few things, you all met up at your house and started getting ready. Your parents were almost never home and when they were, they were usually working. You didn't see them much but things had always been like this so you didn't really mind.

After raiding the kitchen you all began trying things on. Nina insisted that you all had to look perfect for the party or none of you were going at all.