Chapter 1

"Come on, let's go. I don't want to stay out here any longer than I have to." Adelynn said, walking toward the doors of the school. It was a nice day outside, the sun was out and you could smell fresh cut grass faintly. The janitors must have been mowing the fields earlier.

"Why? I want to sit out on the benches. Smell the fresh air." You said, closing your eyes as the sunshine hit your face.

"Yeah, it's nice and all, but is it safe?" She asked, motioning discreetly to the dark figures approaching. You watched their faces appear one by one in your vision before following Adelynn inside. Better to be inside than to get harrassed.

"You're right." You mumbled, avoiding eye contact as you passed by the group of boys. They wore dark colors and it was rumored that they had all gone and gotten tattoos while they were shitfaced at a party a few months back.

Aaron Carpenter walked in front, leading the group. His hair, previously dark and covering his face was now quiffed upwards. He wore all black, save for his silver lip ring and a single white bracelet on his left wrist. Jack Johnson followed closely behind, wearing a plain white shirt and dark jeans, his blonde hair likewise quiffed up and adorning black streaks.

Jacob Whitesides was next to him wearing a faded black band t-shirt, his snake bites glinting silver in the light. Dillon Rupp and Carter Reynolds were mixed in as well with Sam Wilkinson bringing up the rear, a lighter in his hands as he brought it up to his mouth to light his cigarette.

"Shit, shit, shit." You heard Adelynn mumble under her breath as they walked past. A wave of cigarette smoke and what was probably weed hit you and you gagged, picking up the pace.

"When is Nina getting here? She said she'd be done at the Student Council meeting at 4. It's 4:30, isn't it?" You asked, getting a little impatient. You weren't busy or anything, you were just in a rush to get away from Aaron Carpenter and his crew as fast as possible.

"She'll be here. They always run late, you know that. Just wait a few minutes." Adelynn reminded, setting her bag down on the ground as she leaned against the cool brick walls of the school. 

Just like Adelynn said, Nina came running down the hall cursing under her breath.

"All they do is talk, talk, talk. Not like I need to be anywhere, oh no. I don't have any plans or responsibilities at a- there you are! Come on, let's go. My car's out front." Nina said, leading the way out the big double doors.

You followed Nina and Adelynn as they walked down the cement sidewalk. The cement sidewalk that all six of the guys were on.

"Hey, need a ride?" One of them asked snarkily as you walked by. It sounded like Jacob, but you couldn't be sure. 

Nina flipped him off harshly, not even looking in their direction. They were the school troublemakers, they did all that they could to mess with everyone, including you and your friends. Recently, though, they had started taking a liking to your small trio. 

"Ooh, that's cold. Hey babe, wanna come over and warm me up?" Jacob persisted.

"I heard you can get warmer faster if you're naked." Johnson added.

"Fuck off and grow up." Adelynn responded, making them all laugh.

You followed them out to the car, feeling eyes burning into the back of your head. Nina and Adelynn were talking and putting their bags into the car when you turned to look back at the school and the guys. 

Aaron Carpenter's dark eyes met yours and you shivered. He stared at you, his eyes no more than slits as they squinted in the sunlight. You turned away and got in the car, letting your friends fight over what music they wanted. In the end, Nina drove out of the parking lot with Fancy by Iggy Azalea blaring over her sound system.