Chapter Sixteen- A Prom Story

This is going to be a long chapter, hope you enjoy, though! Please vote,comment, add to reading list, and follow me:)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Aria:

At our school, prom was for juniors and seniors. They were the only ones who could buy tickets. Sophomores and Freshman couldn't buy tickets, but they could be taken to prom buy upperclassmen. It was actually hilarious how some of the sophomore and freshman girls would throw themselves on upperclassmen, just trying SO hard to get us to take them to prom. Naturally, we all side-stepped inviting lower classmen, simply because it was prom. That's just how it was.

However, Fletcher was taking Rosalie. At least that's how it was planned. That's what we thought was happening until the afternoon before prom at school. Seniors and Juniors get off after lunch, so we all go home and ready. So after lunch, we were all clearing out. Jade and I walked out of the cafeteria, and we headed to our lockers together, excitedly talking about prom. I knew neither of us would have a problem with dances. Especially since the dance was masquerade, and I planned to wear a mask that at least made it difficult to see who it was.

We turned the corner and saw Fletcher and Rosalie. Normally, they were always so lovely-dovey in the hallways. They seemed to be having a fight. They were standing apart, and Rosalie was looking very agressive, Fletcher just looked confused and hurt.

We silently shuffled closer to hear what was going on. I pretended to try to put in a locker combo, and Jade automatically dropped her things on the floor, and pretended to gather it.

"Yeah, Fletcher. I lied." Her voice sounded so satisfied, like she'd been waiting forever to say it.

"What are you talking about?" His voice was weak, like someone had recently punched him in the stomach, or he'd been screaming for the past two hours.

"You heard me the first time. But I'll spell it out for you. I'm not going to prom with you, and we're over. You seriously disgust me. You deserve this all. I never liked you for a single moment. You were just a glorious, easy to win game. Best part is, I barely had to try." She looked victorious.

"I can't believe you're doing this... Please, stay with me, Rosalie, I love you." He tried to grab her hand, but she pulled it away.

"That's why it was so easy to blind you and get you wrapped up in me. But yes, it was all a joke. Just get over it. I honestly don't care, you can do anything you want. Just leave Spencer and I alone. You know, actually, I liked you a little, then you beat up Spencer. And now you disgust me, I never want to be around you anymore. I really don't care about you. You can go fuck youself, I really don't care."

Jade and I exchanged shocked glances. It wasn't like her to be rude or tell people to 'go fuck themself's' Then again, she hadn't been herself for awhile.

"Oh my god." Jade whispered, stuffing papers into a binder. She didn't look up at me, but I could imagine her shocked face. "She's not really doing this.."

"I think she just did." I could barely believe it, but I had to. The worst part was, I knew it was all my fault. She never would've thought of something so vindictive without me. Even Jade couldn't have.

Words don't describe the pain in his pale blue eyes. I knew that was exactly how I'd looked when I'd seen him with Jade.  "Please, Rose..." He tried for her hand again, but she swatted him away.

"Don't call me that." She scoffed, and  walked away, past us. She turned up her nose as she passed, and purposely stepped on Jade's folder.

We watched her in shock.She wasn't serious. "What the hell did we do?" I covered my mouth slightly, because if I didn't, I would've gone off cussing and screaming.