Ch. 14 ~ Leila Rainbow

Chapter 14

   “Me?” said Charlie B. Dinkle.

   The fairy ninja looked at her. “Charlie,” he said, “you’re going to have to come with us.”

   Quentin snorted. “She certainly will not,” he said. “Look at the damage you’ve done! How do you plan to pay for that hole, huh?”

   The fairy ninja ignored Quentin. “Charlie B. Dinkle, if you don’t come with us willingly, then we may have to force you.”

   A dozen fairy ninjas stepped forward and tried to corner Charlie. Charlie stepped back.

   “Oh, no you don’t!” said Jazz. He rammed into the fairy ninjas, trying to get them to back up. “Quentin, take everyone to safety! I’ll hold them back.”

   “And I’ll stay with Jazz,” added Azalea.

   Quentin Simmercake nodded, scooping Charlie and Leila on his back. The other unicorns except for Jazz and Azalea followed Quentin into the food court and outside the stadium, galloping on the cobblestone road to safety, hopefully.

   When they were sure no one was following them, the group slowed to a trot. Leila yawned.

   “I think we should take Leila to wherever her home is,” Charlie suggested.

   “Leila,” said Quentin, “Do you have a home? Other than that dreadful school?”

   “Yeah,” replied Leila, still yawning. “In fact, we’re actually pretty close to it. Look, down the road.”

   Everyone looked down the road. There, a magnificent mansion rose from the ground. Little gnomes were scattered on the lawn and a great rainbow soared from one side of the house to the other, glimmering in the night sky.

   The unicorns gasped. “Could it be?” wondered Quentin.

   Leila rolled her eyes. “Yup, I live there.”

   “What’s going on?” asked Charlie. No one answered her.

   The fancy doors to the mansion opened, revealing two adults – Leila’s parents. But here was the funny thing about them; each had superb, long rainbow hair trailing behind them, and their eyes kept changing colors every second. They were rainbow people.

   “You are the daughter of the Rainbows?” asked Herington incredulously. “As in, the Rainbows? Richest family in all of Munchopia?”

   “That’s me, Leila Rainbow at your service,” said Leila, smiling a little.

   “Leila, Leila!” The Rainbow parents cried, running over to the unicorns and hugging their daughter. “Oh, baby, we’re so glad you’re OK,” sniffed Mrs. Rainbow.   

   “Missed you, too, mom and dad,” said Leila, hugging back. Leila yawned again, her eyelids drooping. Mr. Rainbow carried Leila off of Quentin’s back, smiling at the group.

   “Thank you,” he said. The unicorns looked absolutely static to be in the presence of the Rainbows. “We truly have missed Leila, and we’re ecstatic that you have brought her back to us.”

   “Good-bye, Quentin and his friends,” murmured Leila, half awake. “Good-bye, Charlie B. Dinkle.”

   “Bye Leila,” said Charlie quietly, even though Leila was already asleep. Leila snored, and her parents took it has a signal to go back to the house.

   Charlie got off of Quentin, opting for beside him while they walked away from the house aimlessly. 

   “I really do like Leila,” said Quentin after some silence. “Very enjoyable little girl.”

   Charlie felt happy, despite the weird encounter with those fairy ninjas and being temporarily locked in school. She hung out with the unicorns and met Leila’s parents, who were totally awesome. She also got a magical signature from Jazz, which made her smile thinking about it.

   “Charlie.” She stopped walking at the sound of her name. She looked around, realizing her unicorn friends had disappeared.

   “Who’s there?” she asked. Three fairy ninjas jumped in front of Charlie. The middle one spoke.

   “Get her.”

__

   Logic didn’t exist in Munchopia. That was the only logical explanation that could be excused to the reason that three little, cute fairies had overpowered our fantastic protagonist, Charlie B. Dinkle.

   They tied her with ropes all around before putting a leather bag over her head.

   “No, stop! Where’s Quentin?” Charlie tripped over her feet, blind, and fell to the ground on her belly. Her voice came muffled through the leather bag on her head. “Quentin!”

   “Don’t bother,” said one of the fairies. “We over-dosed those unicorns with fairy flying dust. They’re somewhere in the sky, floating around like lost balloons far high up. It’ll wear off eventually, though.”

   Talking about balloons reminded Charlie of the squiggles. She wondered what happened to them after The Educator had flown away with her. But then the fairy ninjas started carrying her, as if they were trying to make her fly with them. She could hear their tiny wings trying to flap.

   “She’s too heavy,” complained one of the fairies. “Let’s put some fairy dust on her.”

   The glittery powder of fairy dust was sprinkled on Charlie B. Dinkle. She easily floated in the air, so all the fairies had to do was pull her along.

   Charlie wanted to dislike the fairies, due to them kidnapping her and what not, but she found it difficult. As one of them panted as it tugged at Charlie’s naked big toe, she found them too adorable. Just like how fairies naturally were.

   The fairy ninjas finally stopped pulling Charlie along, and halted. She slowly floated back onto the ground and, once there, began struggling with her ropes.

   “Untie her, boys,” said the leader fairy ninja. While the other fairies untied Charlie’s ropes, the leader fairy ninja said, “We’ve got her, boss.”

   Charlie quickly wriggled out of the last of her ropes and got it off. She stood up, yanking the brown leather bag off her head.

   Charlie B. Dinkle was fuming. Wait till she had a good talk with whoever had decided it was okay to kidnap her. Oh, would he be getting-

   “We are really sorry, Charlie,” a deep voice said.

   She turned around to see her kidnapper, supposedly the ‘boss’, as the fairy had said.

   Charlie B. Dinkle gasped in shock. “Swaggy Swiggy?”