Chapter 7

Ellis's POV

     "Thanks for lunch, Ash," I said while our hands swung back and forth. Something about his hand in mine felt.... comfortable.

      "You're welcome," he replied, smiling as he pulled me into a hug. With him being six foot and me a solid 5'3" my head lays perfectly on his chest. My arms wrapped around his neck while I listened to his heart beat. Thump, Thump, Thump. I sighed. Even his heart beat is perfect.

       "What does an imperfect heartbeat sound like?" Ashton inquired.

       "What?" I asked pulling away and looking up at him.

       "You were thinking aloud again babe," he chuckled and I groaned. Shoving him away, he pouted and I laughed. With a sly grin, Ashton grabbed my hand and spun me into his chest. His eyes seemed to be asking can I kiss you? but he knew my dilemma but he was so warm and cuddly and... Stop it Ellis. It seemed as like I was in a cartoon and my subconscious angel and devil stand on my shoulders. I want to kiss him, but I don't want to lead him on.
Kiss him
Don't
Do it
I can't
You know you want to
but it will kill me.

"Ellis? Hellooo?" Ashton said waving his hand in front of my face and my angel and devil disappeared.

"Huh?" I said rubbing my eyes.

"You spaced out,"

"Sorry," I giggled and he laughed.

"It's alright," he sighed, but not a frustrated sigh, but like he was sad. I frowned.

"What's wrong," I asked, pushing his bandana up because it was starting to slip off his head.

"It's just..." he trailed off.

"Just what?" I urged.

"Nothing, let's get back to our squares," he brushed off my question and started walking away, leaving me there dumbfounded.

....................................

          "Ellis!" Ashton yelled and waved me over. Hopefully this wasn't another false alarm. We have had so many of those and it gets tiring after awhile.

          "Yeah Ash?" I asked while making my way over. He was taking pictures of his discovery when I came up behind him.

          "Look at this!" he practically screamed out of excitement. After Ashton had scraped away some of Harry's dried blood, he picked up a shiny object.

          "A key chain?" I said puzzled and Ashton gave me a are you stupid? look.

          "There's a key on it!" he exclaimed and he could tell I still wasn't understandin and groaned

          "Maybe this fell out of Harry's pocket when he was murdered? And if this is the key to his house here or in London, don't you think we will be able to find some more clues" he explained with patience and a light turned on in my head.

         "Ashton! You're a genius!" I screamed and jumped up and down. Ashton just smiled.

         "It's what good boyfriends are for," he said with a cheeky grin, making his dimples pop out. I was so excited I was jumping up and down.

         "Well what are we waiting for?" Ashton said jumping to his feet, "Let's go!" but I almost didn't hear him. I was already halfway to his car.

(A/N~ Thank you everyone who is reading TMOHS! It means so much and I just hit 500 reads! thanks everyone! Maybe we can get this chapter to 10 votes? thanks! )