Chapter 4

Ellis's POV

I dragged Ashton to the middle of the alley.

"You know this is where we met," he said jokingly.

"Actually, we met just around that corner," I smirked at him.

"Do you mean when you so rudely ran into me?" he questioned raising his eyebrow, but he couldn't suppress a smile.

"Oh, shut up." I said and he kissed me on the cheek.

"So Ellie, why are we here?" he asked using the name he called me when we met.

"Rule number one in being a Csi is always follow the evidence, and where can we get evidence?"

"The original crimescene?"

"Exactly."

"Alright Miss Smarty Pants, let's do this," Ashton said and I laughed. After I explained to Ashton what we were doing he groaned,

"This is going to take forever."

"You can leave if you want." I stated and shook his head.

"What we need to do is set up the string, by attaching who lines of string to each building, creating a square. After that were are going to add more strings so there are ten strings between both buildings. When that's finished, we will add ten more strings in the opposite direction, creating a checkerboard effect."

I explained.

"And we have to search each square?" he asked, horrified.

"Thoroughly, and we better get going or we'll be out here all night" I answered.

"Delightful," Ashton mumbled and we started to set up the string.