Chapter Eleven:

CHAPTER ELEVEN:

Sebastian was no longer welcomed inside Gratitude. As soon as he tried to return back into the cave, the guardsmen by the door crossed their swords together, creating a barrier. They allowed Farren in, but Sebastian was banished to stay outside. He calmly stood facing them, keeping his frozen glare fastened to their faces. It was clear in their shaking bodies that they feared him. And so they should.

“Get my things. I will be ‘ere.” He instructed to Farren before he stepped back into the clearing.

Farren returned back to the town to find Evelynn saying her good byes. She was given some spare clothes for her travels as she returned the borrowed gold dress, feeling embarrassed and apologetic at how it was destroyed in her scuffle with Sebastian.

She caught Farren’s eyes at his approach as he went straight for his room. He motioned for her to follow him with an inclination of his head, and suddenly she went rigid in her cowardliness. She felt a little reluctant to follow, like if she was alone with him he would start asking questions she didn’t have the answers to.

She stepped inside his room as quietly as she could before keeping herself by the door.

“Are you okay?” She questioned.

“Not really, but I will be,” He rampaged through his stuff, picking up his old clothes to change into. He pulled his top off exposing his lean back to her which Evelynn quickly tilted her eyes away out of awkward shyness. “I need to ask you something, and I want you to be honest with me.”

Her heart squeezed at her. Oh no… She felt herself suddenly get dizzy.

 “Yes, what is it?”

He turned, leaned against his cupboard and crossed his arms, “I am not going to force anything on you, and I understand that the timing is all wrong but I feel like if I don’t say it now I will never say it. I think you put too much blind trust into Sebastian. I mean, what do you really know about him?”

Evelynn pressed her lips into a pout, “Sebastian has always been honest with me from the start with what he is, wish I could say the same about you.”

Farren titled his head, “When have I not been honest with you?”

“What about back with fighting the snake? The fire? I know you summoned the magic, why didn’t you ever tell us before?”

“You never asked.”

“Did I have to? I told you all about my sister, about how she was able to control fire and you never thought to tell me that you could control fire as well? You always reply with the same ‘on my travels’ line whenever I try to ask you anything about your past. You never give me any honest answers. I know more about Sebastian than I do about you.”

“I am not a cursed descendant if that’s what you are asking.”

“This isn’t funny Farren.”

“And I’m not laughing.” He growled under his breath, “I have my reasons for my secrets. You don’t have a right to know everything about me.”

“As you don’t have the right to tell me who I can and cannot travel with.”

“Shit, you are so stubborn.” He pushed himself away from the cabinet and stormed up to her as if he just wanted to shake sense into her body. “Are you that blind Evelynn? Do I need to spell it out for you?”

 “Don’t change the subject Farren! We’re talking about you now.”

“Yes, fine you caught me. I know a little magic, but it’s not like I’m harbouring a gigantic snake in my body that tries to slaughter a village in my sleep.”