Chapter Four:

CHAPTER FOUR:

The master bracelet sat as fine as silk gloves on her hand. Evelynn fingered along the soft metal and ran her nail across the imprint on the latch. She could feel the connection as if she had an extra hand pulling strings on a puppet.

Was she doing this correctly? She could feel the strings move under her skin, putting her thoughts into tiny impulses that ran across the invisible wire to the other bracelet. But was it Sebastian who wore the bracelet? If it was him, was he still under control like before or did he manage to find a loop hole that allowed him to ignore certain commands? Only time could tell now. 

She was also excited to see the pissed off look on his face when he had to come crawling back to get her.

“Serves you right you lying, despicable bastard.”  

“You bitch!” His voice hissed through the body of the shadows. Evelynn jumped as she had thought Sebastian was in the room with her till she figured it was his voice communicating through the bracelet.

“I thought I gave you an order!” Evelynn said with a hint of joy, knowing he would be squirming in displeasure.

“I am ‘ere!” He barked again and this time there was no denying he was in the room. Sebastian was standing opposite the cell door hiding perfectly with the natural darkness of the unlit hallway.

“How did you get in? Isn’t the place surrounded?” Evelynn got up from her seat and rushed to the bars, “Never mind, just get me out.”

“You stupid, stupid girl, I can’t believe you would sink so low-”

“Me? Excuse me; may I remind you why I’m locked up in a prison cell in the first place with ALL my possessions taken away, hmm? And you lied to me twic-”

“You put that blasted bracelet back on me! No one EVER deserves to put in chains like this!”

“I had no choice…”

Sebastian stepped forward so fast that it seemed like he was going to walk through the metal bars.

“No choice, I wonder how that feels.” His eyes tightened under his glare. The crunch of shadows unable to hide the intense hatred that fumed from him like black smoke.  Evelynn quickly backed away from the bars and pushed her back into the stone wall.

“Who’s there?” A guard’s voice called from the end of the hall as both Evelynn and Sebastian snapped their necks towards its direction.

“Don say another word” Sebastian whispered before he vanished once more.  The guard approached Evelynn’s cell, holding a torch above his head so he could peer inside. “Hmm…Who you talking to prisoner?”

Evelynn kept her head down. “Filthy bitch- no good Cross. They should’ve kept killing you abominations…”He mumbled before walking away scratching his head.

 A few steps from her cell there was what sounded like the ruffling of clothes before a muffled grunt. Sebastian then returned dragging the unconscious guard before he dumped him at the foot of her cage door and checked through his pockets.

“You killed him?” Evelynn gasped.

“No, he’ll wake up with just a very sore head ache-‘ere” Sebastian took one of the keys and passed it to Evelynn who unlocked her cage door from the inside.

“Let’s go.” He turned to leave.

“I need my stuff first.”

“Just buy some more.”