My Animal World

It's tough being a mouse. Being so small gives a little animal like me carry a burden of big problems. I'm surrounded by other animals for sure, yet my tiny size forces me to be timid and unheard. I get quite lonely at times, but nobody comes to see me or say 'hello'.

I live in a quiet place in a burrow under a small grassy field. It may be quite but there's always a quarrel happening around us. It upsets me to see anyone fall out with each other and argue unnecessarily. Why can't we get along? I always want to have my say, but nobody gives me a chance.

The rabbit lives next door to me. She's always listening to music, blocking out all the trouble around her. Whenever, she sees anyone quarrelling, she hops away and starts her music.

The ostrich who lives in the savanna just across the field, does a similar thing to the rabbit. She sees the same conflicts happen as everyone else. However, she doesn't listen to music. She just buries her under the sand, where no sound can enter.

Often when the arguments get too much to handle, the snake who watches quietly as she tries to stay positive for a long period of time, suddenly snaps.

"Shut up!" She shouts. "I heard enough!"

But even that doesn't change anything! Instead the poor snake was told to stay positive. How long can one stay positive when the world around her is negative?

The wise owl sits on a tree nearby.

"If you have any problems." She always says. "Try to find the right someone to talk to."

But the only problem is just that! One look at me and everyone misjudges me as they look back at the stereotypes of a mouse. I want to say that not all mice are the same! But, who do I talk to when I'm too small to be noticed?