Chapter 2- First Day

Hey guys thanks for reading i know i havent got many readers but thanks and if you could please share this story around.

Thank you! and heres another chapter

Chapter 2

As I walk down the halls of my new school I feel like a foreigner, I don’t fit in I can tell straight away. Everyone has friends at their sides and is chatting away, whereas I’m standing here like a complete stranger. But what do I expect; I’m the new girl here with no friends except for the guy she came with.  

I sigh, well I’m just gonna have to make some friends won’t I.

The bell rings so I close my locker and head to my first class. I look down at the timetable in my hands and see that my first class is Runes.

Okay that class will be easy! I think to myself. And I headed off to class.

When I got to class I sat at a double desk at the back next to a girl chatting across the desk to her friends. When the teacher came in she turned back to the table and that’s when I probably saw her features.

Her face was sharp with angles, actually really sharp. But her eyes were an intense beautiful hazel. But she was appealing. Her brown straight hair came down to her back and sat fitting perfectly around her face.

“Hello, I’m Madeleine Bellefleur” she told me reaching out her hand. But before I could answer the teacher began the class.

“Open you books to page 87, to the chapter The Power Of Languages” he told the class then sat down at his desk and opened up his computer to do who knows what.

“So I didn’t get your name yet” said Madeleine while she was opening her book.

“Oh right, sorry. My names Jocelyn” I told while I got my book out.

She looked at me with a questioning look “and I’m guessing you don’t know your last name?”

“Its Fairchild” I answered her

“It’s nice to meet you Jocelyn Fairchild” she smiled up at me and began to read her book so I did the same.

The first line read ‘The speak in tongues rune gives you the power of languages. This rune is very useful for when wanting to speak to other shadowhunters from all over the world”

“So is this one of the easiest classes” I asked her

“God no! The easiest would be the class where you draw the runes!” she whispered

“Wait a second did you just say there is a completely different class where we draw runes?” I gasp

“Yep!” she lifts her head looks at me “And I guess you don’t want to know that the hardest class is recognise demons”

“Actually I think I will do well in that class” I nod at her.

I was wrong, not only do you have to recognise demons you have to draw them afterwards with no help. It’s not drawing stick figures; it’s drawing the scales, spikes, claws, teeth, eyes, shape and so on. I’m good at remembering the appearances but not well at drawing them, I have been drawing a Raum demon but I just can’t draw the detail in the tentacles.

I look up from my desk and look at the clock I only have three minutes left to finish my demon and at the end of the class we hand it up to the teacher and next lesson we see how we did.

“How you goin’?” Madeleine asks me.

“Yhea good. I just can’t get these tentacles right!” I groan as I tell her

“Well I just made it so you can’t see the creepy needle-sharp teeth”

I look at her picture and see she done just that, but the teacher will see and mark her down “won’t you get marked down?”i ask

“Yhea but I don’t care” she shrugs and gets back to drawing the eyes

At the end of the lesson I give up my finished drawing after spending two minutes on the stupid needle-sharp teeth and surprisingly it’s not a bad effort.

At lunch I see Luke sitting at a table laughing with some people he must have met in class and I smile, I’m happy he made friends.

“Hey Jocelyn” I turn around and see Madeleine behind me “Do you wanna sit with us?”

“Umm yhea sure” I turn and look at Luke but I shake my head and let him have some fun with different people “where do you sit?”

“Over there” she says pointing behind me. I turn around and surprise surprise, it’s the table Luke is on.I guess he willjust have to sit with me again.

We walk over and I sit in between Madeleine and Luke.

“So have you been having fun?” Luke whispers in my ear

“Yhea, except for drawing demons but I have had a good morning. How have you been?” I ask him

“Great actually, I started off with weapons and I have remembered every single one I looked at except for one.” He told me with a smile on his face.

I smile back and him because I actually am proud of him that he has one, made friends. Two, learnt something and three, is enjoying himself.

“Are you gonna tell us who you friend is Luke?” Says a boy from across the table

“Oh yhea, guys this is my friend Jocelyn, the one I was telling you about”. So apparently they were talking about me “Jocelyn, this is Robert, Michael, Stephan, Maryse, Celine and Valentine”

“It’s nice to meet you Jocelyn” said Stephan “and I see you have met Madeleine”

I look up and see his blonde hair falling over his striking blue eyes. He had a sweet innocent smile on his face and I had to admit that he was attractive.

“Yhea she’s in my class” I answer him

“Well let’s hope you make friends out of us” grins Robert. Like Stephen he has blue eyes, but instead of blond hair he has short black hair that is moulded nicely around his face.

I just nod my head and continue to each my peas.