Prologue

I looked up at the explosions flowering in the sky like bright red and orange flaming allium petal. I felt a tear running down my cheek as I started floating away. Floating, floating... This feels nice. I don't know whether it was the power running through my veins or death that was causing me to feel like this. I had a feeling it was a combination of the two.

The worries of the world started fading away. The death of hundreds of people, the dreams crushed, my friends... all slipping away like sand through my fingertips. I heard her voice in my mind. I smiled hearing it. It used to be so threatening and a warning to me, but now her voice just seemed like a lullaby pulling me into a long sleep. "Goodnight Christal..." The smooth, yet at the same time slightly rough female voice pulled me further down.

She started singing.

"You look into burning skies

To be greeted by my burning eyes

Traitorous

Unwanted

Unloved

Rise from the ashes

But everything flashes

I've taken everything away."

And I was gone.

A/N

Alright hey it's Tee here and guess what!? I'm starting a new short story collection based on the all the lights in the sky album's songs! Yeah! I realize I've forgotten Vectors. I'm still figuring out the storyline for that. But the story collection may or may not go in order of the album. I know that Euphemia was based off Code Geass and everything. Please don't remind me. But yeah... New story collection! Check my profile for some more! Maybe even follow? Eh? Eh?