(02)

"Why won't you notice me, oh right, it's because there is another girl, a prettier one, the one you talk to all the time and everyone knows your perfect for each other, so what am I, just a back up if that doesn't work out. You'd think I was stupid if I wasn't jealous of her, of course, I am she's pretty and everything you look for and I'm just average, the normal. there is nothing special about me" - 7th September 2016

I woke up the next morning in a sweat, my head is hot and there is a throbbing feeling in my chest. Oh, I remember now I had had my whole world turned upside down last night and my heart pulled out of my chest and thrown to the deepest depths of the Pacific ocean, all by just one person. Liam.

I pulled my curtain open just a smidge to see what the weather was like today but I had to immediately squint my eyes almost shut as the sun's warm rays came streaming through my window rather aggressively. I blinked a few times to try to get used to the brightness. I opened my eyes wide and saw the bright arctic blue sky and in that moment right there I decided that I was dedicating today to myself and trying to get my heart back in my chest behind my ribcage where it belongs. 

I sheepishly sat up and let out a massive yawn, followed by a larger than life stretch. I leaned over and opened my curtains fully and forced a smile on my face and climbed out of bed and walked downstairs to the kitchen. I open the pantry, then the fridge. NOTHING. Well, nothing worthy of a day dedicated to getting my heart back at least. 

I run back upstairs, collect some money and my phone and quickly throw on yesterday's clothes and rush back downstairs and out of the house before anyone has the time to stop and talk to me. I don't want to talk to anyone that I know today, because they'll just want to ask me if I'm alright and I'm not alright, but I don't want to tell them that.

I cross the street and round a corner peering over my shoulder to make sure that nobody is following me as I head towards my favourite brunch place, "daydreamers cafe". It's a small little cafe down an alleyway in the centre of town that you'd only know about if you were exploring the town as it is out of the way of any main tourist attractions.  My friend Aimee and I found the cafe in our spring holidays two years ago because we had been looking for new places to eat at and had heard along the grapevine that there was this hidden cafe somewhere in town and so we made it our mission to find it, and so we did. 

I slip off the main high street of town and down an alleyway with a "dead end". The alleyway looks like it just ends if you were to casually look down it but that's all part of the mystery of the cafe and why only a certain amount of people have ever heard of it let alone actually been there. I walk to the end of the alleyway and then look up to see if anyone is on the steps above me. When I see that nobody is there I begin to climb up them. The steps are metal and look like the ones found on the outsides of those red brick faced New York apartments like the outside of the friends building.

If the 15-minute walk here wasn't enough of a work out then climbing up this bloody steps was surely going to be my work out done for the year. I finally arrive up at the top of the steps after my long and tiresome struggle to climb them as I'm no longer as fit as I was the last time I came up here, which must have been at least 6 months ago. I sigh loudly and close my eyes to enjoy the smell of the fresh air as I stand upon the landing. I look out ahead of me at the small hipster esk looking cafe that is in front of me. 

The whole front wall of the cafe is covered in an array of different plants, from small bushes and trees to colourful flowers and baby ferns. It's like one massive planter box, with all the different layers and depths of plants combined together to make a mini suburban rainforest. Within this massive wall of different types of plants, there is a big, brown framed window that is set at the level of the landing and acts as a doorway leading into the small cafe. I clamber through the threshold and find myself greeted by the owner. "welcome back" she greeted me with a warming smile as she passed by the door, well window as she cleaned some of the small wooden tables.