Chapter 4

so i was going to upload this tomorrow but..... well i decided to do it today so enjoy!

___________________________________________________________________________

 Chapter 4

I didn’t move from my spot of the roof. I sat there and stared at the stars, desperately trying to forget.

If I could forget, I could move on.

Right?

I didn’t take notice of the gray clouds inching their way across the sky until the first rain drop fell on my cheek.

Then, suddenly, I couldn’t see the stars anymore and the rain began pounding on my head. I lowered it and let the rain fall on me. It was rather symbolic, that downpour. Almost as if it were washing away everything I had been through, and all of the guilt that accompanied Brian’s death.

Now, I could focus on getting my revenge. Like I promised Erik I would.

By the time it stopped raining, I was soaked to the bone. I looked up from my wet clothes and saw the sun beginning to peak out from under the horizon. The pink glow coming from it turned the sky a purple color. I smiled at it and left the roof quickly before anyone could find me up there. I turned on the hot water in the shower and stepped in, letting the hot water warm my body.

I thought about what I would do to Erik. What could I do to him that would make up for what he did?

Maybe I should just kill him.

It wouldn’t be hard. I could just pull him out into the desert in the middle of the night. I could torture him. Then he would know.

I don’t break my promises.

By the time I got out of the shower, I had a new fire in me, burning with the anger and hate I felt towards Erik. I had to get him back.

That was my only goal.

I laid out on my bed, thinking about how I could take my revenge. Slowly, my thoughts turned towards Brian again. And the memories this room, my room, held.

“Hey, can I come in?” Brian’s voice floated in from the doorway. I nodded, placing my papers on the end table. He sauntered over and sat on my bed.

“What’s up?” He smiled crookedly.

“Nothing, I just wanted to be with you,” he said, grinning at me. I felt the blood rush to my cheeks and mentally slapped myself.

What the heck was I blushing for? It was just Brian. Just the super hot guy I had kissed on the roof two nights ago.

I stayed silent as I averted my gaze from his burning blue eyes.

“Sing,” he suddenly said, lying back.

“What?” I asked, confused. It was kind of an odd request.

“I heard you singing a song yesterday up on the roof. Sing it.” I blushed harder. Damn, somebody had heard me. I took a deep breath.

When I look into your eyes

It's like watching the night sky

Or a beautiful sunrise

There's so much they hold

And just like them old stars

I see that you've come so far

To be right where you are

How old is your soul?

I won't give up on us

Even if the skies get rough

I'm giving you all my love

I'm still looking up” I trialed off, holding the last note. I looked up at Brian, meeting his bright blue eyes.

The ones that looked like the night sky.

I suddenly realized what I sang and how much it applied to him. I blushed again, turning my face away. Brian put a figure under my chin, pulling my face back to him.

“That was beautiful,” he whispered, leaning in. Slowly he pressed his  lips to mine. My eyes closed of their own accord and my hands found their way through his hair. His large hands worked their way down my arms to my waist. He pulled me closer and suddenly I was pushed against his muscular chest.

I flopped back on my bed, trying to erase that image from my brain. I didn’t want to be reminded of what I had.

And what I lost.

I sighed and closed my eyes for a moment. Suddenly someone burst in. I looked up at a breathless Zach.

“She’s gone! Katie’s gone!”

________________________________________________

what do you think? let me know!!!