Italy at Last

"Lissa," Jean lightly shook her sister. "Lissa, we're..." She paused before looking out the window. "Here," She finished breathlessly as she looked out the window in amazement.

"Finally," Lissa said with a yawn, trying to wake up.

"Lissa," Jean softly said, hesitance in her tone.

"Jean," Lissa returned with her "don't" look before voicing everything she could no longer contain, tired of her comatose sister.  "No regrets! And if you even think about thinking about him, I will," Lissa huffed, blinking as she realized how awful that sounded. "I will literally hunt his cowardly ass down and beat the living shit out of him, and if I go to jail, it'll be your fault." Lissa finished, getting angrier with each word.

"Lissa!" Jean said in shock, though a part of her brain was beginning to feel tired of being emotionally numb. 

"Young lady!" The old woman sitting behind them cried at the same time as Jean, but more appalled. "Manners and decency, is the least you can do if you are going to interrupt our lives with your useless chatter."

Lissa whirled around to look behind her at the woman in shock, the audacity of the woman, crying about manners and decency when she was the one eavesdropping on them! "Oh please, I just left my mother back in the states. And the bastard-"

"Lissa, people are staring." Jean whispered.

"Oh please, let them stare, it's not like as if I'll ever see any of them again." Lissa rolled her eyes. "Why does everyone care about what others think? What does it matter?" Lissa muttered as she eyed the older woman who had wrinkled her nose in disgust.

"It's our lives." Lissa sighed, shaking her head when Jean actually mouthed sorry at everyone around them.  

Getting off the plane at last, Lissa stretched her limbs just as Jean softly said she was going to the bathroom.  Merely nodding, the brunette gestured for Jean's bag. 

Carrying both her purse and Jean's, Lissa wandered the small convenience store across from the restrooms.  However as her eyes drifted across the refrigerated drinks, her thirst kicked in.  Seeing a plain diet coke, Lissa reached for the drink the same time another hand did so.  This hand though was masculine with fine blonde hairs, and just calloused enough to indicate that he was not soft bred, yet not overly so making him not a man of manual labor.

"Oh I'm sorry," The man apologized upon taking a look at the female whose hand was lightly on his.  A charming smile automatically took its place on his lips.

Jean closed the door of her stall before going to the sink to wash her hands.  Lathering soap on her hands, Jean began to gently rub the soap across her skin.  Her  actions paused as she gently felt her ringless left hand. All she could do was stare down at the hand with a very slight tan visible because of the whiter band that encircled the fourth digit, while hot water cascaded on her overall pale hand. 

"I have my last final tomorrow Chase!" Jean said, a slight worry in her voice, though a part of her laughing as the action was so Chase.  He had come into her apartment out of nowhere and presented a blindfold, telling her that she was more than prepared before whisking her off to god knows where. 

"Yes and like I said before, you are awfully prepared.  You make the rest of us look like a bunch of grade school children! Now relax, we're almost there."

"Almost where?" Jean implored, slightly biting down on her bottom lip, as she hesitantly followed Chase, literally blind. 

"It's a surprise!"  The red head grinned, lightly pulling on her hand.