✍1

UNEDITED

》cehck eth hgtir nkale I eflt smothenig《

It's me again, how's the search for me going? Did you go back and observe the crime scenes again? Did you figure out my code? I bet you did, you guys are smart cookies especially putting in the newspaper to get everyone else involved. Clever, but not clever enough. You know what my father used to do after every murder? He would hide, that was his biggest skill. He taught me how to do that I think I have it down packed. But I don't want to, I love to see the suspicions in everybody's eyes when they past me or when talking to their peers. You don't know who I am and we will keep it that way. I can be your friend, your co worker, even a family member. Maybe I've visited your store, or just a plain stranger you see passing by. Kind of like where's Waldo but you'll never find me.

Third POV

She stood there, a glass of wine placed in her hand. The expensive wine swishing against the sides of the glass while she was laughing amongst her friends. Chatter blending in the the cool melody of the grand piano in the middle of the tile floor. A good time was what she wanted but not just the giddy tension from her friends, she wants to find someone that can pump adrenaline through her veins and bring the heat that will burn her porcelain skin.

Her ocean blue eyes scan around the room, chandeliers decorated the ceiling illuminating a glow on every body roaming the elegant hall. Black and white suits, long shimmery dresses in each and every corner but one person caught her eyes.

Entering the already crowded place a man with curly yet straight hair swept to the side dawned over with a button up shirt and black dress pants. His outfit seemed so much more laid back than the other uptight men here she thought. The man felt the burning eyes of the blonde girl but still didn't look her way but the smirk now forming on his face told other wise.

She didn't break her gaze on him as her thoughts started to fill. He interested her and he just walked in. 'Must be the wine' she thought although she only had two glasses. She already feels like she can let her hair down and take off her heels.

The man are his way to a table with a silky white table cloth with varieties of expensive twenty year old wine and small glasses of water surrounding the ends of the table. He hovers his hand over the glass of red wine before grabbing two cups of water instead.

She examined every move he made. Maybe he wasn't much of a drinker. He also doesn't seem like the type if person to come to a party like this. He looks more like a person who would go to a bar to have a beer, not red wine.

She casually walks up to the man tapping his shoulder lightly. Feeling him tense under her gentle grip causes her to retract her hand. He slowly turns around looking down at the women. Her breathing stops for a second, the height difference was very noticeable. He looked down while she looks up even with the heels that complemented her dress nicely.

"Can I help you." He stated more then asked. She noticed the deep accent that she wanted to hear more of. Once again she had lost her breath, and she couldn't muster up the words to say to him. She swallowed the lump in her throat and quickly says "Elise"

"That's your name?" He asked which she nodded sheepishly. "Landon." He replied sticking out his left hand.

"How are you this evening." she attempts to perk up a conversation to get rid of the awkward tension that quickly arose ever since she tapped him.

"Fine so far. Nothing to complain about." He replied, going along with the conversation.

"I noticed your not trying the wine. It's very good, twenty years really does something to it" Elise laughs lightly

"Uh I don't drink." He says. "I'm trying to watch my health and so I just gave up alcohol all together, but from what I heard it's excellent." He adds

"Come on one drink wouldn't hurt," she sends him a reassuring smile. "I will pass up that offer, thank you" he gulps up the rest of the room temperature water.

"Are you sure?" She asks. He wonders why she wants him to have a drink so bad, obviously he's perfectly fine with the water that was in his hand. She wasn't trying to get him drunk was she?

He averts his attention to his watch. "I'm sure but I shall bid this a good day. Have a wonderful night Elise."

"Oh I'm sure you can stay for a couple minutes longer after all you just got here." She put her hand on his upper arm. He look at her hand then back at her.

He grabs her hand and pushes it off making her lose the glimmer of hope she had in her eyes. "Have a goodnight" and with that the curly headed man walked out of the door.

Her eyes were glued to the door, wishing he would change his mind and burst through the door and ask her for a night around the town. But a girl can dream right?

Few hours Later

Elise looked at herself in the mirror, it is now 8:30 pm on the dot and she's ready for her routinely jog. She went from her grey shimmery dress to a pink sweatsuit. She put her hair up into a tight ponytail and grabbed her phone off the nightstand.

She set her phone on the heart meter app that she got. She did some quick stretches to warm her body up before she left the house and took off.

She turns around a familiar corner, finally coming out of the comforts of a rhythmic jog she starts to sprint down the empty sidewalk.

The light thuds from her sneakers hitting the concrete sidewalk was music to her ears as she pushes herself harder towards her destination or what she says 'finish line'. But something that wouldn't leave her mind was the man with the green eyes. Landon.

she slows down to a jog without noticing as she thinks of him. She thought about what he said and when she might see him again. 'Maybe we can work out together, after all he does seem like he works out here and there'

A loud bang was heard from above, tearing the love struck blonde from her fantasies.

She stopped. Whipping her head around franticly to see where such a noise has come from and what it was.

Another one shot through the air but it was louder than the first.

Fear slowly started to rise in his chest. She started running again but this time faster.

But it was too late a shot pierced the side of her arm. The thick warm liquid oozing from the fresh wound. A scream of agony left her lips.

She collapses, using her hand to compress the painful wound from bleeding out. She tried crawling away, getting back up on her feet and somehow, hopefully getting to a hospital, or home if she's lucky.

She looks up, alligator tears started to flow from her eyes. She saw the mask figure approach her. Knowing her days are ending. "Why?" She croaks keeping her head low. The only thing in her vision was his black combat boots.

"Why?"

This is actually my first time writing I third person the book will not be that. Tell me how I did though hopefully it met the expectations! Just recently I fractured my clavicle in a very clumsy way lol. My rankings for Zodiac went from #181 to #716 that's a huge drop can we try to bring that back up? Working on second chapter now.

Comment

Vote

Share