Percy Jackson Fan Fiction - What the Hades is going on?

I sighed. This was not turning out as expected. I figured we'd just pick everyone up and then drop them off at camp! No one mentioned evil mothers turning into strange monsters on the job description?! But I sucked it up and walked up to the girls. They were trying to comfort poor Cheryl, who was bawling her eyes out. 

"Hey, it's gonna be ok," I tried.

"My. Mother. Just. Turned. Into. A. Monster. Nothing is ok!" she yelled. I flinched. I understood exactly where she was coming from. No, I couldn't relate. But I understood. 

"I know. But there's nothing we can do now. We just have to figure out what's going on," I said, trying to reassure the others...and myself. 

"But how in the world is that possible? How can...a woman...just turn into a monster like that?" Jamie questioned. Amy bit her lip.

"Do you think...do you think someone is trying to stop us from recruiting more demigods?" Amy brought up. I guess the blonde wasn't as stupid as everyone paged her as.

"But why? The Titans are over and done with, Percy made sure of that," I said. 

"I still don't understand what happened to my mom," Cheryl choked out,"She always hated the gods. And demigods too. She used to tell me horrible stories. I never believed them of course, but listened to her anyway. I would get that she didn't want me to go with you guys. But a monster? She never showed any signs of that."

"Cheryl...I don't think that was your mother," Jamie said. I turned to her. Her hair was up in a messy bun and she had a serious thoughtful expression plastered on her face.

"I think...some sort of monster took over your mom's place," she continued,"I don't think that was your real mom." My eyes widened at the realization. She had a huge idea here. What if monsters took over Cheryl's mom? And tried to stop us from getting Cheryl? 

"What?" Cheryl asked, more tears spilling out.

"Listen guys, let's just forget it for now. We can't jump to conclusions no matter how big the possibility is. We just have to focus on getting Cheryl back safely," I interrupted Jamie before she could further scare the girl. 

"Here how about this, Cheryl rides with me, and then we quickly drop her off at the nearest train station?" Amy proposed an idea.

"No way! How the hell would she find a way back to camp?" I protested.

"I'm still here you guys!" I heard Cheryl say.

"Ok. Amy, how about you escort Cheryl back to camp and then head straight to New Jersey, Jamie and I can meet you there," I suggested.

"You want me to go alone?" Amy asked, appalled.

"Well yeah. You're not doing anything dangerous. Meanwhile, when Jamie and I are in New York, what if some parent turns into a monster again?" 

"Fine. Whatever. But what's the address I'm meeting you two at?" Amy gave up. 

"78 White Horse Lane, in this small town called Fish Harbor. South Jersey," Jamie provided. I didn't even notice her take the map out of my backpack.

"Fine. Come on, Cheryl," and Amy grabbed Cheryl's arm, dragging her away.

"Jasmine, it's really not safe to split up like this," Jamie told me, as soon as Amy was gone. I sighed.

"I know what you're thinking. Look, yes I hate Amy. But I wouldn't want her dead! This is just our best option at the moment! We'll get things done quicker!!" 

"But-"

"Come on, Jamie! What's the worst that could happen?! All she's doing is flying!"

Jamie sighed. "Whatever, Jasmine. But if she gets hurt and Aphrodite blames it on you, I'm gonna say that I told you so."