Percy Jackson Fan Fiction - Cheryl's Crazy Mom

The five minutes passed by quickly and it wasn't long before the pegasi were securely tied up at a tree and we were in front of Cheryl's house.

"Ready?" Jamie asked no one in particular. 

"Let's just get this over with," Amy said, marching confidently to the front door. She slammed her thumb onto the doorbell. It rang a cheesy tune. With a jolt, the door opened revealing a woman in her mid-forties. On first glance, she seemed normal. Then I blinked.

Her hair was a ratty mess, a strange shade of red. It was tangled and poufy, sitting on top of her head like an ugly blanket. Her eyes were dull green, and too big, giving her a permanent surprised look on her face. Her nose was tiny, enhancing the eyes even more. Her lips were a bright, shocking pink making her look like one of those dramatic make-up artists. She had a petite frame, but looking down I noticed she had huge feet. 

She gave me a harsh stare, and then shifted her eyes to Jamie and Amy. But then she saw our shirts.

"Stay away! Get away!" she suddenly exclaimed, shutting the door in our faces. But I stopped it with my foot.

"Ms. Adams, can we please talk to you?" I asked politely.

"No! No! Filthy demigod, get away! NO!" Ms. Adams yelled in my face.

"Mom?" I heard a voice call out. Suddenly a girl peaked out from behind Ms. Adams. She had red hair, like her mom, except it was a pretty shade of auburn. Her eyes were a bright emerald. She was petite but had a nice figure. Overall she was pretty. 

"Are you Cheryl?" Amy asked her, peeking through the slit of door. 

"Yes..."

"We need to talk to you!" Jamie said.

"NO!" Cheryl's mother interrupted. Her face morphing into a disgusted expression.

"We're not here to cause trouble we just need to explain things!" I insisted, keeping my foot wedged tightly between the door and the doorframe. 

"I know what you kids are, filthy demigods! NO! I refuse to let you take away my Cheryl Baby!" the woman shouted. Cheryl Baby? I looked at Cheryl. She was mortified.

"Look, we aren't here to steal her away! We just need to tell her what's going on and take her back to camp! She can come back and visit you anytime!" Amy tried to reason with the crazy lady. 

"NEVER!" she screeched. By then I had had enough. I kicked the door open, gently shoved Cheryl's mother out of the way and entered the house. It was typical. Hard-wood floor, comfy furniture, and pictures on the wall.

"Mom, they're nothing like you described," Cheryl spoke up, peering curiously at me and the girls.

"You told me they would be hideous, they're quite pretty," she continued.

"No! Don't trust them! Their stupid gods and their stupid myths!" her mom yelled, from the floor where she had fallen when I pushed her. 

"Mom, come on," Cheryl tried to reason with her mother.

"I won't let them take you away!" she shouted. 

"Please, just hear us out and we'll explain everything to Cheryl!" Amy tried.

"Oh, I already know. I'm Apollo's daughter. But he left us. He left us for other people. He didn't love me," Cheryl said, a hint of sadness in her voice.

"That's not true! He's a God he has to move on from woman to woman!" Jamie protested.

"See!!! Gods are horrible!! All they do is disapoint!!" Cheryl's mom added in. 

"They have no choice!" I defended.

"Yes he did!!! I told him that if he left, he would NEVER see his daughter again!! And you know what he did? He left!!! Got up and left!!" Cheryl's mother was crying by now. Standing up, but crying. 

"Apollo's my dad too!" Jamie said,"He left my mother but do you see her complaining about it?!" 

"You filthy little-" Cheryl's mom was cut off by me grabbing onto her arm. 

"He left me for your mom!" she screeched and tried to claw at Jamie's face.

"Mom, calm down!" Cheryl tried to console her mother. It didn't work. She struggled against my arms and I felt myself growing tired.

"Cheryl, go pack a bag," Amy ordered Cheryl, and then moved in front of me, grabbing onto Ms. Adams's shoulders.

"We aren't here to harm anyone!" Jamie said.

"You daughter of a bitch!!!" she screamed, trying to get to Jamie again. Jamie stepped back with a stony expression. 

"Cheryl are you done?" I yelled hoping that she could hear me.

"Yeah wait a sec!"

Ms. Adams kept struggling against Amy and I, screaming insults to Greece.

"Okay!" Cheryl appeared at the foot of the steps.

"No! Cheryl Baby you can't leave your poor mother!!"

"I have to, mom. I promise, I'll visit! But this is what I'm mean to do," Cheryl said, looking her mom straight in the eye.

"Very well. I didn't want to do this. But it seems like I have no choice," Cheryl's mother proclaimed. With a mighty heave she freed herself from Amy and I's grasp. And that's when she transformed.

I was shell-shocked. Completely frozen. 

Cheryl's mother had transformed into a gigantic, hideous...creature. I didn't know what to call it. She was half bear, half alligator and then half...something else. I couldn't decide. All I knew was that she had deadly claws, two heads and that she was huge. And ugly. Cheryl seemed to choke on air.

"Holy, Zeus," Jamie whispered. Amy just stood next to me, shocked. And that's when she lunged.

Quick as I could, I popped my pin from my hair and let it transform into a sword. I swung, shoving Amy aside. My swing would have done some damage, but Cheryl's mother deflected it with her arm, only leaving a small cut. I swung again, and she deflected. Now it was a battle. I swung and stabbed, side-stepping and crawling everywhere, avoiding the claws. Soon after, I heard Amy next to me, grunting as she jabbed her spear aimlessly. Jamie, I assumed was outside with Cheryl. 

I suddenly fell backwards as a claw hit my side, and I crashed into an empty vase, causing it to shatter and then scratch my face. Nevertheless I stood. 

"Amy!! You stay behind her!" I screamed.

"What? She'll probably sit her fat ass on me!!" Amy looked horrified. 

"I'll distract her!! You just...STAB SOMETHING!!!!"

I swung again, my sword catching onto the leg of the monster, but nothing happened except a few alligator scales fell off. I continued, dancing around with my sword, using skills that Percy had taught me. Eventually I heard Cheryl's mom groan. And with that, she fell sideways.

I breathed hard. I was drenched in sweat and there were a few splatters of blood on me from where Amy had stabbed her. 

"She's wounded, we better get going," Amy said and we ran out the door. Outside, Jamie was trying to comfort Cheryl. She was crying and confused. But then again, so would I if my mom had turned into a crazy monster.

_____________________________________________________________________

Hey guys!

So what did you think of this chapter? It was really fun to write, I hope you enjoyed it :) With luck, it'll be two pages! (crossed fingers) I'll update as soon as I can, but I will be going on vacation soon so I'm not sure. But thank you for reading it means SO MUCH. 

Love,

Lucie