Chapter 3

A/N: This will be written in "diary" form. But without the infamous "Dear diary...." line.

Have you ever heard of the word "disaster"? Well now you do.

My day has been a total disaster, and it started from the latest adventure we went on today.

--- FLASHBACK ---

"FINALLY! Took you long to answer." I said exasperatedly. 

"What a way to greet someone." Nicholas said ans smirked. We went for a video call.

"Thank you. Anyway, have you been to the back of the school?" I ask.

"No. Don't expect me to memorize all the places of Ravenshire Academy. I for one have never explored all the secret passageways of Beaconsfirl University."

"YOU STUDIED IN A CASTLE? You said "secret passageways"." He must have found my voice deafening, because he took off his headphones, wriggled his ears, then put them back in.

"Yes. As far as I know, Beaconsfirl University has around 500 secret passageways, including those that are caved in or blocked."

"Right-oh, Mr. I-Know-All-The-Secret-Passages-of-Whatsits-University. Anyway, are you up for it? Do you want to go with me tomorrow to the back of the school after the last class? You haven't joined any clubs that hold meetings until six, right?"

"No, Math Club doesn't hold meetings until eighteen o'clock, as far as I know. Of course I'd love to. I've got fifty percent good mannerisms and fifty percent boldness." I laugh. He has a good sense of humor.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

T minus 4:00 pm.

Where the fuck was he? He had told me he would meet me here at four, which is the time when we're dismissed from our last class, and by extension, from the rest of school activities for that day.As though somebody has read my thoughts, Nicholas came running and bumped to me hard, making both of us fall on the leaf-strewn ground, him on top of me. We gaze into each other's eyes, brown on green. When he had the sense to stand up and help me onto my feet, I asked him,

"Why were you late?"

"I'm really sorry, but Math Club held a last-minute meeting for tactics on the upcoming Battle of the Brains."

"Oh. Excuse accepted. Let's go. Have you worn sneakers?"

"Sneakers?" He asks. I virtually face-palm myself because I've forgotten who I was talking to.

"Trainers."

"Yes. I always do." I walked down the road I always go to when I visit the back of the school. I sacrificed just to see this beautiful place.

"You didn't tell me the road was far. How big is Raveshire anyway?"

"Ravenshire started way back during the seventeenth century, by Carl Ravenshire I. He was granted a huge piece of land, and since he was a well-educated man and wanted to share his knowledge to others, he built a palacial manor he called Corvo Shire Academia. Unfortunately,a few years after he died, a huge fire broke out and half of the manor was burned. Many people tried to build it again, in the supervision of Carl's grandson Malcolm Ravenshire. They succeeded, making the school bigger than its original state. He also renamed it Ravenshire Academy. I don't know the exact measurements of Ravenshire, but it sure is big."  I told Nicholas the story. After ten minutes, I finally found the place, and told Nicholas to come nearer.