sixteen

Its been about a month since I got shot and then woke up. A tough month, Maggie is always around, terrified of what could happen to me next, Rick says i still need to heal so I'm not allowed to do anything, and Daryl has be distant. He barely talks to me anymore which is hard cause I love him. He doesn't sleep in my cell with me anymore. Its hard when the person you love is not talking to you or not being the same loving boyfriend he was before. I don't know what's going on with him, i don't know if he blames himself or something like that, whenever we talk and i try to bring it up, he always finds a excuse to escape.

I sigh and shake my head before standing and quickly getting dressed into a gray cropped top and some high waisted jeans along with putting my gun holster over it and strapping my gun in there just in case. I also put my small knife in one of my combat boot and then throwing my whip over my shoulder. Carrying more of my weapon around was something i started doing a lot lately.

I quickly put my hair up in a high pony before making my way out of my cell and down the stairs and into the kitchen wearing i see Maggie, Glenn, and Carl .

"Good morning Harls" Maggie greats me with a smile.

"Morning" I say to her with an equal smile

"How'd you sleep" She then asks me

"Same as I do everyday. How about you guys" I ask them

"We slept fine" Glenn say to me

I smile and give them a nod before looking around

"Have you guys by any chance seen Daryl..." I ask them.

Their face change knowing how he's been distant for a while.

Maggie And Glenn shake their head but Carl nods and then begin to talk.

"Hes down by the cells. Him and carol walked by not to long ago" he says offering me a smile, a frown visually appears on my lips at the sound of their names together.

"Thanks bud" I sigh before turning and walking down the dark hall,  over to were the cells Merle had stayed in while he was here.

I turn the corner and stop in my tracks at the of the two people. Carol pressed up against Daryl, Her hands grabbing his arms has she talks. She then places them on his chest before he grabs her wrists with his own. I see a smile on her lips as she leans forward, her face inching closer and closer to his, as he removes her hands from his chest, fingers still locked on her wrist. I hear him say something to her as he shakes his head.

 The sound of my shoes scuffing the floor as i stop in front of the cell cause them to stop and look over at me.. My eyes stinging as the tears try and push through, Seeing a man you loved so close to the women whos terrorized you from day one, hurts like nothing before . Forget the torture and all the needles injected into me, Betrayal makes it feel like your blood is on fire as it runs through your body. 

Daryl moves away from her and walks over to me as I stare at him in shock.

"Harl--"he starts but is cut off by my hand connecting with his cheek making a loud echo through out the building, shocking both him and myself at the sudden contact i had just made

I take the ring off my finger and then roughly grab his hand that holds his cheek and roughly place the ring in his hand. I look at Carol whos behind him before tearing my eyes away and turning and walking away. I make my way to the kitchen again and grab Maggie from Glenn who looks at me like I'm crazy and then run outside with her. I stop and lean over my knees trying to catch breath while I finally let the sobs escape my mouth before I just collapses on the floor in hysterics. I feel Maggie hug me from behind but I just turn and wrap my arms around her neck and cry in to her shoulder. She lets me cry not asking any questions but just saying soothing things to me. We sit there for about an hour as I cry. But soon come to a stop and i just dry sob as I have no more tears left.

Maggie gently pulls away and looks at me.

"What happened" she finally asks me

" I caught Daryl and Carol--" That's i have to say before she brings me in again and I silently begin to cry again

"I am so sorry Harley" she say to me before pulling away and looking at me

"Hey listen...We don't need men. Their stupid, messy, and most of all just straight up men. You are perfectly fine without an asshole in your your life, we don't need them." She tells me

"But....but you need Glenn" i say rubbing the bottom of my nose before sniffling.

"I don't need Glenn...He needs me" she smirks down at me.

"I'm just so tired of getting hurt" I say feeling my tears drying up, just the feelin g of numbness taking over. She says nothing but squeezes my hand.

"Thank you" I say to her

"For what?" She ask me

"For always being there for me and being the bestest best friend anyone could ask for" I tell her

She sighs and nods her head

"I know" She said giving me a small smirk

I laugh and push her away from me, making her laugh.

"Thank you too" she says to me

I stand up and offer her a hand which she takes

"You good" she asks me as we begin to make are way back in

"i will be" I say to her with a small smile

We walk back in silence making the groans and moans from the walkers that are pushing up against the fence, the only sound. I look at the walkers, who all at one point had real lives, who would have birthday parties and celebrations just like the rest us that are trying to survive. I wonder if the had the same problems im having, was it a normal problem to have. I shake my head and look forward as we enter the prison. We enter the prison and we head up the stairs to my cell.

I sit down on my bed making tank rest his head on my leg making me smile and pat his head.

" so how's the married life" I ask her smiling

"How any married apocalypse life would be" she said with a laugh as she sits down in the chair.

"Do you think we ever would of met if this thing never happened." I ask her.

"I think we were brought together now  for a reason" she smiles at me.

"Maggie...Harley come down here" I hear Rick yell.

Me and Maggie look at each other before we both get up and make our way down the stairs to where we heard him call. As we make our way down the stairs i see the backs of the group along with a new male who is tale, muscular and has long brown-blonde hair.

"Rick whos this" Maggie says asking the question for me

Ricks turns to us making everyone else then as well

"Guys this is--" ricks starts

"Haryln" I hear a familiar voice say

I look towards the new face and my eyes widen, my mouth falls wide open at the sight of the man i stare at. His bright eyes and long hair still the same as they once were before.

"Adrian!" I exclaim before rushing down the steps and running over to him before jumping and wrapping my legs around his waist, while my arms wrap around his neck. I let out a happy sob into his shoulder.

He put my down and grabs my face with both hands and wipe some tears that fell, looking at me while I rest my hands against his stomach as I smile up at him

"Is it really you" he says looking me

I nod quickly and bring my hands up to hold his wrist as his hands hold my face.

"Its me" I say softly.

Adrian lets out a breath and smiles before kissing my forehead

"I love you so much" he says against my forehead.

I pull away and look up at him with a light smile

"I love you too" I say to him in a small voice wondering if this happened for a reason.