Loki Imprisoned

Chapter 1: Loki Imprisoned

I walked slowly across the room to the cage where they were keeping him. Fury had forbid me to come anywhere near him, but I couldn’t resist. Villain or not, Loki had a certain…charm about him. I had watched as Fury and other agents escorted Loki onto the ship and into his cage. I had stood by and simply watched to make sure nothing went wrong, like I was told to. All was going great until he looked at me. I glanced up for a split second to see him grinning at me. I scowled back at him, but his devilishly cunning smile held my gaze for a moment longer than I had wanted. When they finally shut him in his cage, he turned away from me to glare at Nick Fury. I’d left after that. Fury had seen the look Loki had given me, and it unnerved him. From that moment on, I had been forbidden to so much as walk past that cage.

But…I had to come back. I stood in front of the thick glass panel, the only thing standing between us. Loki was facing the other direction, his head slightly bowed in thought, and his pale hands clasped behind his back. I swallowed hard, studying him, and thinking that he didn’t know I was there. I let my curious eyes travel down the length of his body, taking in everything from his strange clothes to the way he held himself; He stood perfectly straight, as if he could tower over the world that way.

I suddenly felt my head go a little fuzzy, as if I were getting a headache, and Loki shifted slightly. “Adriana,” He whispered, barely turning his head an inch toward me, over his shoulder.

I took a step backward as my head felt normal once more. “How do you know my name?” I asked, a little frightened.

Loki finally turned to me, a slight smirk on his lips and his hands still clasped behind his back. He breathed a soft laugh and stepped closer to the glass. “I read your mind. I know a lot about you, Adriana.” He smiled wider then, showing his impossibly white teeth.

I hesitantly stepped closer again, so that we were face to face, despite the glass barrier. We stared at each other for a moment, Loki with his charming, almost creepy smile, and I with a straight face. I felt my head go fuzzy again, and I glared at him. “Please stop that,” I snapped.

He raised an eyebrow and cocked his head to one side. “Stop what?” He asked, sarcastically.

“Stop reading my mind,” I scoffed, still glaring at him. Immediately, I felt my head go back to normal. “Thank you,” I whispered, unsure if I should really be thanking him for anything, after what he’s done to the city below us.

Mockingly, Loki made a small bow to me and smiled. “My apologies, my lady. I can assure you that it won’t happen again.” I scowled at him, and he merely grinned. “May I ask why you’ve come to see me?” He asked, “I wasn’t expecting them to send a such pretty young lady like yourself to interrogate me further.”

I searched his face for sarcasm, but I found nothing. Did he really mean that? Did he really compliment me? I crossed my arms and glared at him. “I didn’t come here to interrogate you about the Tesseract. I just wanted to ask you about…something else.”

Loki raised his eyebrows and smirked, playfully stepping back away from the glass. “Well then by all means, my dear mortal, please ask away.” He held his hands out as he said it, as if to welcome my question.

I only frowned at him. “I could do without the sarcasm, thanks,” I snapped.

Loki smiled again, now at the opposite side of the cage, and sat down on a long bench. “Again, I give you my sincerest apologies, Adriana. I don’t mean to offend.” I glowered at him, knowing that he was trying to butter me up for something. Nevertheless, I opened my mouth to ask him the question that had been burning in my mind for hours now, but he interrupted me. “My lady,” He said softly, “If you would please join me in here, I’m sure it would be much more comfortable for both of us.” I stared at him, knowing that he meant to kill me if I so much as stepped foot in that cage with him. That would be one less agent on his tail. Besides, I was already breaking just about a thousand rules just by being here. I didn’t feel Loki interfering with my mind, but he could guess what I was thinking by the look on my face. “I promise I won’t hurt you,” He whispered, placing his right hand over his chest as if to swear by it.

“How do I know I can trust you?” I asked, hesitantly stepping toward Fury’s control panel.

Loki smiled, this time sincerely. “You have the word of an Asgardian King,” He whispered.

I stared at him, knowing well enough that he was anything BUT the King of Asgard. But if he so firmly believed it, then I’d let it slide for now. I just needed my answers. I pressed the button that opened the door, and watched Loki as it unlocked and slid open. His eyes followed the door, but as soon as it was open, he looked back up at me. He didn’t move, so I slowly walked inside the cage with him, and closed the glass door behind me. when I turned around to face him again, he was smiling at me.

“See?” He teased, “That was not so difficult, was it?” I stared at him as I walked closer, and he simply grinned. “So, my lady Adriana,” He whispered, “What is it you wished to ask me?”

I hesitated, then sighed softly before asking my question. “Why did you stare at me earlier? When the other agents were bringing you in, you stared at me and smiled. Why?”

Loki grinned and stood up, now at least a foot taller than me and making me feel a little threatened. “Why?” He asked, laughing lightly, as he began to walk toward me. “Well, is it not obvious? You’re a beautiful girl, Adriana.” By now, he was right in front of me, towering over me like a giant. He slowly reached his hand up to my face and gently brushed the back of his fingers over my cheek. “I simply couldn’t help myself,” He whispered.

I suddenly pulled back and stepped away from him, out of his reach. “You’re a sick, twisted monster,” I growled, narrowing my eyes at him. I knew coming in here with him was a mistake, but now I feared that I wouldn’t be able to escape him, even if I wanted to.

Loki now glared at me, angry that I had insulted him. “You dare insult me, a god, you pathetic mortal?” He hissed, stepping toward me again, this time threateningly. I tried to back away, but he suddenly advanced on me quickly, grabbing my arm with such force that I let out a small cry. “I will have you, Adriana. You are mine, whether you accept that fact or not.” I looked up at him in pure fear, suddenly forgetting all of my training as an agent of S.H.E.I.L.D. He WAS stronger than me anyways, and even if I tried to fight back, I would have lost. He suddenly smiled, seeing the fear in my eyes, and laughed lightly. “You cannot possibly hope to fight me,” He whispered, releasing his grip on my arm. He moved his hands to my waist, pulling me up against him so that my chest was pressed against him. I swallowed hard, staring at the gold metal of his chest armor, unable to look up at his face. “I’ve read your thoughts, Adriana. You fear me, yet you feel strangely drawn to me. You have no hope of staying away from me. Whatever happens, I will find you, and I will have you. You belong to me, Adriana. The sooner you believe that, the easier this will be for you.” I shivered slightly, my hands on his arms as if to push him away, but I couldn’t move. I still stared at his chest, but I could feel his eyes searching my face. I suddenly felt Loki press his cold lips against my forehead, kissing me. As soon as his lips left my skin, I forced myself out of his grip. He let me go easily, staring at me with a mixture of longing and malice in his eyes.

I backed out of the cell quickly, running to the control panel to lock the door once more. Loki never moved. I glanced up at him once more, and he had a childish sort of look on his face, as if he didn’t understand something, but I ignored him. I ran from the room, my heart racing, and made for my bedroom. I was desperate to get away from him, but as soon as I was alone again, I found that I missed him.