Alpha

Chapter 1 - Roof tops

"I've been expecting you, 'Alpha'. "

"Have you?" I stood at the edge of the roof, the fierce wind bit at my neck.

"Oh yes, I've been planning this particular night for quite some time now," His smirk was frozen in the bitter air. "Did you bring any of your team along with you?" His raspy voice was strong and stern.

I nodded at Hardison and seconds later she leaped down from above. Her eyes shone brightly in the moonlit sky.

"Ah, Hardison. Long time no see!" She glared at him from where she stood.

"You'll never get away with the two million dollars you know." I spat out.

I could sense the silence as the situation got more tense. The ear piece in my left ear budged slightly. I knew everyone was listening. Lola, just inside the 52 story building we were all standing upon. Wisty was in the van a few blocks down the road and Shadow was ironically a few meters away lurking in the thick darkness. Gift was back in our HQ awaiting for further orders. And then there's me, Alpha, I'm the leader. This was the team; we called ourselves Raven.

Freddie Boswell was a man drowning in debt. He owned several companies which had gone bust a few months ago. He was the sort of man who pulled any company or any person down if they got in his way. We were not going to let him continue to destroy innocent people's lives, we'd put a stop to this just as soon as...

"I'm going in" Hardison's voice snapped in my head.

"Woah, hold it, we haven't even-"
Hardison sped towards Boswell tearing the man down so he lay on the ground. She pulled his arm in a lock which made him wince.

"Wears the money?" Hardison snapped into the man's face. And in the few seconds he had, Freddie reached into his pocket with his other hand and pulled out a device. Panic seeped into my mind, making my thoughts cloudy.

"I'm ready!" the man said just as Hardison snatched the device and threw it off the roof.

I heard noises coming from the door, lots of hitting and scrambling. Suddenly the door burst open with several men holding Lola down. She struggled but their arms were strong and she remained within their clasp.

"What are you doing Lola!" Hardison said angrily. "I thought you could just seduce them or something!"

"Ugh! It's not that simple, it doesn't work that way!" Lola mumbled angrily.

Hardison's voice was heard again in my head, "Whatever."

The two of them were never understanding towards one another. Their jobs and skills were so different that this pulled them apart but I knew my job was to keep them together and make them combine as a team.

Hardison never had time for a partner and she always worked alone. While Lola was always with someone different and worked with a mate by her side. She often enjoyed the presence of a man to accompany her and to protect her. The whole team knew she didn't need the protection of a man, it seemed to be only Hardison that didn't know what she was capable of.

Out of no where Shadow appeared and knocked out the two men on either side of Lola. She dived back into the safety of the darkness. Now there was only one man left who had a tight hold on Lola and was in shock of what just happened. Lola spun around and her lips attached onto his. He quickly lost his grip on her and fell to the floor. Her lipstick knocked him out because, of course it was designed by Gift; poison and chemical specialist.

"Now then," Hardison smiled, "where's the money?"

Looking shocked and disturbed Boswell mumbled, " I've kept the money in one of my safes but it's too late..." his voice faded away.

"What's too late!" Hardison pulled him into a tighter grip.

"Ahhh, ok ok! I have already sent men to go and collect the money they were to meet me here at 12 in a helicopter."

"Oh really? And where's this safe that we'd never be able to get to in time?"

"It's on the 7th floor of this building but the elevators are jammed and it will take you forever going by the stairs so there's no hope for you!"

Hardison only laughed. Which was just a little bit creepy. "Hah, we'll see about that!" Then she pulled out a tazer gun and electrocuted him.

Then Hardison pulled off her jacket revealing a harness. Then attaching it to the railing she let go and slid down. "Whooaaaaaaaaaa!!!" she took every opportunity she had to jump off of buildings.

"I'm on the 7th floor! And trying to find the safe right now..." she said as I walked over to the now unconscience Boswell. Hardison really knew how to be spontaneous.

Lola was now glancing at the face on the floor which had her bright red lip stick stamped on the lips. "What a pretty face, shame it went to waste..."

"Ah hah!" Hardison was becoming annoying with the voice I constantly heard. "Found it, and... Opened!" There was a pause. "Wow! This place is full of money and jewels and... look at that..."

"Hardison! Come on just take the 2 million and we'll deal with the rest later!" I needed her to get out of there.

"Ok fine" she mumbled sadly. "Uh oh."

"Why uh oh?" said Lola.

"The men are here!"

"Well do what you have to do and we'll see you up here in ten." I saw a helicopter come into view and motioned for the team to join Shadow in the darkness of the night. The clock struck midnight as the swirling winds of the helicopter increased as it landed on the roof. Four men came out with guns and looked around. They spoke Russian. Then suddenly Hardison's delightful screams could be heard as she zipped up the wire. Oh no!
The Russians turned around to find an extremely shocked Hardison with a silver briefcase in which glistened in the Russians eyes.

"Hi guys, I was just gonna say..." when she pulled out her taser gun and tasered the closest one to her who fell to the ground. A gun shot was heard but no one was hit. Not yet at least.

Shadow leaped out and attacked one man and then knocked the gun out of the other man's hand. Lola snatched the gun and shot the floor next to what seemed like the boss. He dived away and landed on the floor to find red lips plastered to his own.

"Looks like we have an escape route!" cried Hardison as she fastened her grip on the briefcase and entered the helicopter.