Lola & Hardison

Chapter 7 Part 2 - Miscommunication

Lola

I woke up with a pounding headache, I felt dizzy from the whirlwind of events which took place last night. I groaned from the sudden urge to throw up what little content of my stomach I had left. Matt (forgot about him) was lying next to me. I caught him gazing at me.

"Morning beautiful."

Typical morning chat up slash flirting technique to get me to be 'all his'. So with that I just sighed and simply replied, "I definitely do not feel like that."

Leaning closer to give him a little peck on his lipstick stained lips. I wondered if the team managed to accomplish everything.

Hardison

When I woke up it felt like some dark dream or like I was waking in hell. There was a murky silence and very damp surroundings. I barely remembered what got me here.

"What do you think you're doing in here?" It was Alexander. "I knew you weren't a waiter from the moment I set eyes on you. A waitering suit that barely fits you, pinching my wallet thinking I wouldn't notice and those eyes. Yes. I saw right through you. You're a thief!"

I didn't talk but merely eyed the gun he was holding and the fact that he looked trained in martial arts. I don't remember much else from that evening besides the unforgettable gun shots and the cry for help. The panic from the team, except for Lola of course.

Lola

Lying here in Matthew's tanned and defined arms made me feel as if for the first time I belonged somewhere. But does he feel the same way? Just as that thought popped into my head, the sound of the door opening made me jump. Matt chuckled while greeting one of his brothers.

I have noticed throughout my years of experience with different families that every greeting is different. The brother who stood at the door, who I later found out was Alex, did not use a traditional greeting. Alex merely asked, "Have you asked her yet?"

Hardison

I managed to sit up, barely. I'm generally not a moaner but I hate it when I wake up finding a piercing pain that I don't quite remember getting. I felt hot and sweaty. And strangely wet where it hurt the most. I looked down at my lower stomach, it wasn't wet with sweat it was wet with thick, heavy blood. I took off the white, battered waitressing apron, tore it quickly, and wrapped it around my waist. That should do it, I thought. I've taken much greater pain than bullet wounds before.

Suddenly I remembered the team, the job, and Lola. I stood up and fell down again, probably shouldn't do that. My muscles hurt and i was so annoyed I got beaten up so bad. I was caught off guard, it wasn't fair. I'll get my revenge!

"Hello," I whispered, my voice cracked and I felt bruises cover my face. Man! He got me good! "Guys?" I reached to adjust the earbud. Besides feeling pain I felt nothing. My earbud must have been smashed out in Matthew's room.

Lola

"Have you asked her yet?"

Okay, well this is going to be one of those annoying conversations about me while I'm still in the room. However I was desperate to find out whatever this secret surprise was, because yesterday's love may not be tomorrow's regret, for once.

"Alex!"

I could sense the irritation in Matthew's voice.

"...It's suppose to be a secret!"