Novel or New Boy? Ch 3

Hey peoples!!! Sorry that I haven't uploaded in a while, I've been really busy! Anyways, Im not really sure where this story is going, but here's chapter 3, I hope you like it!!!

I have a shout out for LiveLaughLoveForLife; I am obsessed with your story! Really, her first story is AMAZING!!! Please read it, because it is seriously one of my favorite things on here now. I'm sure she would appreciate some new readers, so head on over to her story after you read this chapter! You know you want to!

Now don't forget to

VOTE!!!

COMMENT!!!

FAN!!!

=D

***********************************************************************

Melanie's POV

===========

BEEEEP BEEEEP BEEEEEEEP

I groaned and slapped at my stupid alarm clock, the bane of my existence. It finally shut off when I accidently knocked it off my nightstand with a THUMP.

"Oops," I mumbled. Then I stretched and swung my legs out of my bed, rubbing my eyes simultaneously. Stumbling to my closet, I chose some dark blue skinny jeans and a neon green tank top, snagging a bright pink tight jacket off a hook after a moment of thought. This was one of my colorful days! I grabbed some random undergarments from my drawers before taking the pile with me to my bathroom. Time to wake up in a cold shower!

20 minutes later, I was dressed and had applied lip gloss, eye liner, and mascara, my typical make-up. I carefully walked down the stairs and quietly cheered when I made it down without falling. After eating a bowl of cereal and quickly running upstairs to brush my teeth, I was ready to go to school. Grabbing my book from my nightstand and sliding it into my backpack, I put some bright green ballet flats on before I proceeded to fall down the stairs and land on my butt. Within 10 seconds, I was out the door (finally!) and walking to my bus stop without further mishap.

I wandered up the maple tree that stood at the street corner and leaned against the thick trunk, closing my eyes and relaxing. Suddenly, I heard a cough, and I lost my balance and fell backwards over a tree root. My now open eyes widened at the amused face of my attractive new neighbor.

"Sorry about that, Melanie. Do you always fall when people surprise you, or am I the only one?" Jake asked while sticking out a hand to help me up.

Hmmm, I thought while taking his strong hand and standing up. Déjà vu, but in reversed positions. I brushed off my back and answered his question before I forgot. "It's not just you. Trust me." I said with a sigh. Then I looked away from his dazzling eyes and collected my thoughts yet again. "So you're starting school already?" I asked randomly, before mentally wincing. Duh, Mel. Why else would he be here?!

"Yep," he answered, and we lapsed into silence for a minute. Then he asked "So do you have any warnings about teachers? Like who loves it when students raise their hands, and who's utterly insane?"

"Well, I only know about the honors teachers. Mrs. Schraeder, who does math, is pure evil, don't talk and finish all the work if you value your life. Mr. Crimms, who teaches Science, is ok, but avoid the front row, because he spits when he talks sometimes. Ummm... there's a few other things, but none of this advice will do you any good unless you're in honors." I looked at him, telepathically begging him to tell me if he was smart or not. If he was... then he was officially the total package. Assuming he wasn't a player and a jerk, that is.

"Well, I was in honors at my old school, so I probably will be here." He answered my telepathic question. YAY!!! A smart guy, finally! And he wasn't short, that was a relief, because since I was pretty tall for a girl, I passed up some guys my age. Hehe, midgets!