Chapter 14: The Big Day

"Aleks... Al... Wake u..."

Aleks groaned lowly as a strong hand clutched his shoulder, shaking him violently about to interrupt his peaceful slumber. Colors faded and blurred in his vision when he eased his eyes open. Upon opening them fully, he could make out the shape of an orange cloak and brown shirt underneath it; definitely Eddie.

"What..." He asked in a heavily drawn out sigh, his sleepy voice deep and crackling. "Eddie- would you stop fucking shaking me?"

"Sorry, sorry," he whispered, releasing his friend. Aleks slowly sat up, the chains around his wrists making more noise than he had hoped them to. The clinking bounced off the walls and echoed throughout the desolate dungeon, rebounding back to them.

"Wh... Why'd you wake me up so early?" He asked, rubbing at his eye, being careful to not open the cut underneath it. Although it had healed up a little bit in the time, it continued to torment him with pain. Not to mention, it wasn't the most desirable blemish to look at.

"I heard the guards running around outside. They were kinda screaming about something I couldn't hear, but I think that what we'll get today will be even worse than yesterday."

"Dammit," he threw his hands down into his lap and hissed. "Jordan's such a fucking ass."

"Heh, tell me about it," Eddie smiled comfortingly at his friend and pulled one arm out with the other still attached to it by his chains. They clinked together as he playfully fluffed up his friend's hair. Aleks winced slightly and tried to push him away, chuckling.

"Stop it, come on!" He shoved his palms out onto Eddie's cheek, propelling him backwards onto the floor. The thief yelled out, giggling ecstatically at their play fight. He always loved how being with his best friend made him feel like there were no other troubles in the whole world that they'd have to deal with.

"Alright, alright, I'm done," Eddie panted out, catching his breath from his laughing fit. "But seriously, Aleks. We have to get that plan of yours going soon."

"Of course! Hopefully your new boyfriend doesn't get in the way, though," Aleks teased, standing up to brush himself off.

The man, still on his back, knit his eyebrows as he tried to process what he was told. Within seconds, it clicked, and his expression changed to offense.

"Hey! Seamus is not my boyfriend!" He laughed.

"Yeah, you could only wish."

"Aleks, if I wanted that guy, I could have him in my bed in about two days."

"Oh, yeah?" Aleks towered over him, giving him a challenging smirk. All Eddie did was smirk back up at him with half-lidded eyes, trying to look sensual.

"I can prove it."

"No, thanks, I'm good," he stated blithely, walking around Eddie to his side. He raised his foot and pressed it down onto his stomach, resulting in a loud gasp from the man below him.

"God dammit, Aleks, stop, I have bruises still!" He heaved out, wrapping his hands around Aleks' ankle in a desperate attempt to pry his foot away. Aleks obliged and lifted his foot slowly with a dark chuckle.

"Now get the hell up," he demanded with an outstretched hand. Grabbing at it with disinterest, Eddie hopped up onto his feet and nodded thankfully at Aleks.

The door leading to the cells swung open with a loud creak out the blue, instantly catching their attention. Seamus stepped out of the darkness behind the door with a wide smile and shut the door behind him upon entering the room.

"Good to see you two are already up," he hummed, playing with the gem on the end of his staff. Eddie eyed it greedily, biting down into his lip gently.