chapter 2

The next day at school I looked around for Lucas and noticed him walking in the hallways by himself every time I saw him. He looked lost and scared with his backpack straps gripped tightly in his hands.

I hated when he looked like that. I wanted to help him in some way but I didn’t know how. Just because I was into sports and stuff didn’t mean I picked on kids even if they were a little socially awkward.

When I went to approach him he turned away without even seeing me which made me think that he was avoiding me because of what happened in the bathroom.

I talked to Samuel like normal but still wondered about Lucas and why he was so shy and avoided me.

I remembered that Lucas was in my gym class freshman year and he was shy and timid then too. I figured it must be his personality because I knew a lot of people who just weren’t social people and maybe Lucas was one of them.

After school Samuel came up to me and asked, “Do you want to go to a movie with us tonight? I’ll have Sadie bring one of her friends so you’re not the third wheel.”

“Okay, but I’ll kill you if Sadie brings that annoying girl Claire again. She wouldn’t shut up the whole time,” I said.

“Fine, be there at 7:15,” he said walking to his car as I got in mine and drove home. I picked out a nice long sleeved shirt and a pair of dark wash jeans.

I drove to the theater and everyone was there including a girl with long red hair. She was pretty but I knew that I felt nothing for her. I never really felt any thing for the girls Samuel set me up with, or any girl for that matter.

We went into the theater and the girl, Jennifer was as boring as a brick. She wasn’t interested in anything I was and only talked about things that I hated like the newest skinny jean sale at her favorite store. She also kept trying to cuddle into me and put her hand on my leg but I would just shrug her off or move away.

When the movie was over I immediately told the group that I had to go home. Samuel gave me a knowing look. I always bailed out on double dates because I always got paired with daft girls that all liked the same thing.

As I was leaving Jennifer put her hand on my shoulder. "Do you want to go out again sometime?" she asked but again I shrugged her hand off my shoulder and looked into her mud brown eyes. She was so daft that i wouldn't even dream of talking to her ever again.

"No, I'm sorry," I wasn't a cruel person but I didn't like her that way and I wasn't going to lead her on like i did when I clearly wasn't attracted to her or thought she was interesting.

I was starting to realize more and more that I didn’t prefer girls and I never really had. When everyone hit that age where they just noticed girls I didn’t even care for them and to this day I don’t.

"What are you gay or something?" she asked putting a hand on her hip and pursed her lips making her look like a duck. I just shook my head and walked away.

When I was walking to my car I saw that man with the red hat again. He was walking towards me but when he got close he looked up at me then got in his red truck and drove away. I just stopped and stared at the place he was for a minute or so.

Ever since I saw that guy in his car I saw him every day. He started showing up to my hockey games and following me around to some of the places I went.

I started to wonder what the man in the red hat wanted. He always seemed to wear that red hat and I was curious as to why he was following me, or was he there all along?

***********************************************************************************************************Authors note: Sorry it’s so short. I’ll try to write a longer chapter next time. So who thinks the man in the red hat is his stalker? Tell me what you think. until next time. -randajojo138