Chapter 8

Selena

I realize I need a bath and also need to use the toilet really bad. I try to get up and use my feet but they aren't helping me that much. And that damn wound hurts quite bad as well.
I stand on the edge of the bed when I see a tall man peek through the open door. He has short blonde hair, green eyes and is quite tall. He is quite handsome also.

'Pardon my interruption, miss...' he excuses himself.
'Selena. My name is Selena.' I answer him shily.
'Can I help you with something, miss Selena?'

I am kind of embarassed to ask for his help but I need to go so badly.

'Can you please help me walk to the bathing room?' I ask as red as a tomato.

'You mean, the bathroom?' He chokes a bit on his words.

'Yes. I apologyze for asking you this but I really need to go and my feet are not strong enough.' I mumble.

'Of course, miss. Don't worry. I'll help you get there and I'll call Ivy to help you with everything else.'

He then proceeds to helping me lift off the bed and slowly walking towards the so called bathroom.

Once I get to the room I notice a small chair and I ask him to help me sit down. He then leaves to call Ivy.

I manage to use the toilet before Ivy knocks on the door.

'Miss Selena? Are you ok? Do you need help?'

'Yes Ivy, please come in.'

She finds me sitting on the cold floor. I try getting up on my feet, which I miserably fail at.

'Oh dear. Let me help you get up, sweetie.' She sais to me warmly.

'I'm afraid that my legs are too weak and I cannot walk or stand. Maybe you could help me have a bath, instead? I'll just stay here until you finish setting it up.'

As she starts preparing my bath I take mental notes of each thing she is doing, opening the faucet, setting the bathtub drain to stop the water, the bottles she uses for creating rose coloured bubbles, the salts she uses.

Salt...the ocean... the voice in my head starts calling me again. 'Come to me, Selena. Let me embrace you. Let me carress your body...' it is so tempting and terrifying at the same time. I had one thing to keep me going in the world... and now that is gone...

'It's all ready, miss Selena.' Ivy interrupts my train of thoughts.

'Thank you, Ivy. Can you please help me stand so I can get in? And also, can you please call me Selena?' I smile at her. She seems nice. She reminds me of my long lost mother, even tough she looks much younger.

'Of course, Selena. Let me get you up.'

I lean on the bathtub and as she turns around to exit the room I ask her
'Ivy, where is mister Dorian? I haven't seen him around since this morning. I was hoping I could thank him for his kindness.'

'Dorian is not feeling well. He will probably sleep it off for a few days. I'm sure he will visit you as soon as he is well again.'

'Oh, ok. And who is Cain?'

'He's my husband and Dorian's personal assistant. He also does most of the heavy lifting around the house' she calmy tells me.

'I'll be in the library but Cain will come bring you some dinner and check up on you in case you need anything else' and with that, she leaves the room.

Love filled her eyes as she was speaking about Cain. I can't help but feel sadness taking over me as I get inside the water.

Love. That's all I ever wanted but never got. I've always tried to make myself loved after losing my mother and father. My aunt never realy loved me. She forbid me to talk to other people, to go too far away from the house. That's what got me here in the first place. All these thoughts mixed up with the voice of the ocean calling me almost drove me crazy. My head is spinning and a terrible headache is slowly taking over.

As soon as the water embraces my entire body, the voices in my head stop. The scents of the bubbles and the bath salts fill my nose and help me relax even more and my headache starts to fade away. My wounds lightly sting but soon the sensation starts to fade.

'This is the best thing ever. It's exactly what I needed.' I tell to myself.

I sink into the water even more, my hair flowting around me and shinning in pearly pink shades. Then, I start singing a song about the sea and sailors and my voice fills the entire room.

After half an hour, Ivy returns to help me get out of the bathtub and also brings me dinner. She gives me a clean nightgown to wear for the night. She stays with me while I eat and tells me more about her.

She is a scientist, specialised in disease control. She gave up her carrier a long time ago, a little after she met Cain. They both live with Dorian and she is happy. The house has a huge library with all the books in the world and a science lab to keep her mind busy from time to time.

I don't quite understand everything she says. I need to read some books to get more accustomed to the way people live nowadays.

'Ivy, can you get me something to read? Maybe something contemporary? I've already read too many classic novels,' I tell her smiling.

'Of course, sweetie. I'll bring you something romantic. You seem like a sweet girl that would like a good love story." She tells me with a cheeky smile. "Now let me put the healing ointment on your wounds and off to bed.'

She proceeds to gently put the nasty smelling ointment on my wounds and decides I don't need bandages anymore because I am healing surprisingly fast. I smile and thank her and she leaves the room.

After a few minutes of being alone I realize the voice is gone and I start to cry from happiness.

'Maybe I am not crazy yet.' I tell to myself as I drift to sleep.