and I lost so much more than my senses,

For some reason, Tremaine Neverson was watching the Wendy Williams Show. He didn't know why. He didn't know why he wasn't trying to change the channel. But that's what was on his TV and as he absentmindedly scrolled through instagram, liking random photos of his friends and colleagues, Wendy's annoying voice went through the hot topics of the day in the background.

"Okay, so this next hot topic is a little more serious, so we gotta be serious. You guys all know Trey Songz, right?" The mention of his name made him perk up and lock his phone as the audience called out their agreement.

"Well I don't know if anyone actually keeps up with him anymore. I know I don't. But five years ago when he was a little more popular he was in a relationship with this...I guess I should use the term model, right? Wasn't she signed to an agency?" Wendy checked with one of her producers who nodded along. Why would Wendy Williams be talking about his relationship - or lack thereof - with Demi?

Demi. Demi Lovato. Meeting her had been an accident but nothing after that was. Looking back, Demi probably thought that their entire relationship was just one big mistake and that the only good thing that came out of it was Aiden. Trey could agree. There was always something about Demi that just pushed his buttons the wrong way and he always ended up lashing out at her. He loved her. He did. But something about her just irritated him and he had tried to explain that to her, tried to justify his actions, but after so long she stopped accepting his bullshit and had broken free. Their only connection was their son. As long as Aiden was around, Trey knew that Demi would be in his life forever. And that's how he wanted it.

"Okay, she was signed to Wilhelmina but there were rumors before she announced that she was pregnant that they were dropping her because you know, she was a pain to work with, she couldn't keep her weight up, she was a mess on set, they couldn't do certain photo shoots with her...and now we may know the reason behind that. Demi sat down with Robin Williams, we love her by the way, and admitted that she was in an abusive relationship with Trey Songz for five years. Check out this clip."

"So, you're coming forward now? Why should anyone believe you? You never filed any reports, you never called the police, you were with him for five years...what's the point of coming forward now?"

"I don't give a shit about whether people believe me or not. I know what happened. I know that I had to spend six months with my jaw wired shut. I know that two of my front teeth are fake because they were beaten out of my mouth. I know that every Saturday at around 9pm I get a headache and I have to lie down, but not on my right side because those ribs never fully healed. I know that there's a bruise that will be on my temple forever because of permanent nerve damage. Tremaine Neverson did that to me. This isn't about me. This isn't about taking him to court. This is about Andrea, and all of the victims of domestic violence who are too afraid to come forward because they're scared that they won't be believed or that they'll just put themselves in more danger. I just want to be the voice for them. So, I don't care if you believe me or not. I know what I went through and the people who have gone through the same thing know as well."

"So, first I was going to ask if you guys believe her, but since it's my show I'll just tell you if I believe her or not, and why. And you know what? I do believe her. I didn't exactly believe the Andrea girl, but I believe Demi because, you know what? She has nothing to gain from this. Absolutely nothing. And she said so herself that she's not going to pursue anything in the courts and she doesn't even care if people believe her or not. That's why I believe that she's telling the truth. What do you all think?"

As the audience cheered, Trey's jaw clenched and his fingers curled into fists. He shut the TV off with the remote then threw the remote against the wall, watching it shatter on impact. His phone wouldn't stop vibrating until he picked it up off of the table, ready to throw it against the wall as well before he stopped and saw the picture on his lock screen. It was a picture of Demi and Aiden, but instead of being happy at the sight of his son, it actually just made him even more upset because of the woman who was holding him. With that, Trey grabbed his keys and left his house.