Chapter Two: Tutoring Session

Jungkook bobbed his head with his lips shut, signaling me to keep going. I breathed through my nose as I grasped hard on the straps of my backpack.

We started moving and entered the gate together. Silence was submerging over us for a minute until I decided to speak off.

"You see," I muttered, my voice trailing off a little as I pondered on the right words to say. Just a day ago, I ranted to him about how I hated Park Jimin, a.k.a. my ex-boyfriend, and to get seen by him riding a car with the person I despised was really awkward. "My mom couldn't drive me to school today so he asked him if he could give me a lift. It's not like I wanted what happened."

I did not see any reason why I had to explain everything to Jungkook, but I felt like the need to, because he always misunderstands everything.

"Hmm," Jungkook hummed shortly. He must have been satisfied, because he nodded his head approvingly. "Why didn't you just call me?" He asked.

"Trust me, I thought of that. But I didn't want to bother you." An edgy laugh escaped my mouth as I scratched the back of my neck. "And he told me it was just for today though, so I let him."

Jungkook looked down at me, his eyebrows creased together. "You sound disappointed."

My head automatically shook no as I waved my hand from side to side. "No, no," I sniggered at him. "Jungkook, I told you ex's are ex's. Why would I want to be with him again?"

He simply shrugged his shoulders, a smile soon formed across his lips. "I don't know, maybe you still like him or something." He teased.

I rolled my eyes at him and walked ahead, pretending to be mad. "Don't talk to me."

"Hey, I was just kidding!" He shouted after me before following behind. "Y/N, come watch me play later after class. Please please please, I want you to be there."

Our feet stopped in front my classroom.

Turning around, I faced him with a deadpan expression. "Fine," I muttered, the edge of my lips slowly curling higher. "And I wasn't mad."

Jungkook sighed out in relief, his head tilted backwards with his hand covering his forehead. "Alright, alright. I'll see you later." He ruffled my hair before he walked off to his own class.

As I entered the room, I felt as if a ton of eyes were staring at me. I just casually walked over to my seat, avoiding the gazes of my classmates even though it made me uncomfortable.

Whispers and squeals were heard behind me.

Every time Jungkook accompanies me to my room, the same situation would happen everyday. Jungkook dropping me off to my classroom became our daily routine and my classmates often tease me about it. Not to mention, they kept shipping us for no reason at all.

Dropping my backpack beside my chair, someone walked up in front of my table and bent over a little on the same level of my face, "Are you sure you two aren't dating?" She asked all of a sudden, her eyes inspecting my expression, making me lean back in the chair a little.

I snorted in laughter, "No, Lisa. I told you he's just a very close friend." I denied, avoiding her eye contact by grabbing my bag and bringing out my notebook and pen.

Lisa snatched my notebook away and hid it behind her back. "Poor Jungkook being stuck in the friendzone," She puckered her lips and faked cried, but her expression instantly changed into a serious one. "Don't fool around, Y/N. The way you move around each other could conquer a real couple to be honest."