Chapter 36 - Who's That Angel?

Castiel's POV

As soon as Cas left the boys he went directly to Camael's headquarters. He paced outside the door for some time before he was let into the Archangel's inner sanctum. "Camael, thanks for seeing me on such short notice. But I have received an important piece of information," and he explained what he had been told about Eric Kripke.

"Can you send one of your angels to that world and check on him?" asked Cas.

"Yes I can, please wait here for a moment," and he left to give his order to someone.

When he came back he sat down and took out a bottle of wine and said, "Let us partake of some refreshment while we wait."

Cas was antsy, but he tried to be calm and make small talk until the answer came. But when it finally did, they were no closer to the truth than they had been before.

"Sir," said Jonathan." We have investigated the subject Eric Kripke and have ascertained that he is, indeed, a Celestial Being."

Camael smiled and said "Yes, we suspected as much. And who is he, Jonathan?"

"That's just the thing, sir. He is no one that any of us have ever seen before!"

"Jonathan," said Camael patiently, "That's not possible. Surely someone must know him."

"Sir, I asked out three oldest workers to go and double check. None of them know him."

Camael looked puzzled. "Well I know every angel ever created. I will have to go see for myself. Please wait here Castiel. I will return shortly."

Shortly turned out to be over half an hour. When Camael returned he looked more disconcerted than Cas had ever seen this angel before, and he jumped up from his seat. "What is it?" he asked, concerned.

"They were right," he said. "I know every angel who ever lived, yet I have never seen this one before!"

Cas had to sit back down because his legs would not support him at the moment. "That's not possible!" he said, frowning.

"No, it is not," said Camael. "And yet, there he is!" He went back around to sit behind his desk.

"Could he belong to another Pantheon?" asked Cas.

"What other Pantheon are you aware of in which angels exist?"

Cas shook his head. "None." he answered softly. He sighed deeply. "I had hoped this would clear things up and get the boys out of possible danger," he said. "Instead it has only intensified the mystery."

"Indeed," remarked Camael. "Cas, since my angels can traverse universes, I will do what I can to help you unravel this mystery."

"That is much appreciated, Camael. Please send word when you have anything to report," he asked Camael, "no matter how small," he said, as he opened the door to leave.

"You have my word," he said, and returned to his work.

Katie's POV

While we were eating lunch I asked the boys, "Hey where's this workout room you guys have? Maggie and I want to get back into shape."

The boys kind of stared at me strangely but then Dean said, "Actually, we should finish showing you around so you know where everything is."

Sam laughed and said "This place is pretty much like a small town."

"Good idea," I said. "Maggie let's go change. We'll meet you guys back here," I said.

We gathered up the remnants of lunch to throw away in the kitchen and took off. When we were finally alone in our room, Maggie said, "Katie, have you noticed how Dean is barely leaving my side today?"

"Yes, as a matter of fact I have. What do you think is going on?"

"I don't know. But it's very troubling."

While we had the chance, we caught up on our girl talk. Maggie was excited to hear about the 'Dark Wizard' scene. "Oh Katie, he's so romantic, and so creative. I'm happy for you."

"And I'm happy for you too Mags. Dean loves you, no matter what he says." Then Maggie smiled and whispered to me what he had actually said to her, as though saying it out loud would somehow make it 'unhappen'.

It felt good to have some time alone with her. It seemed a long time since we had had some sister time. When we were ready, we opened the door to leave and there was Dean. "I've come to escort you," he said. Maggie and I looked at each other and wondered, but then we both shrugged.

"Okay, lead on, tour guide," I said. We met back up with Sam and off we went. We got to see the dungeon where they had held Crowley, the awesome computer room, that seems to make everything in the Bat Cave run smoothly. There were many rooms with stored documents, and they showed us how they were organized in case we needed to do some research when they weren't here.

There were thousands and thousands of books, stored in at least 6 libraries, and again they showed us how they were organized. The facility had at least 15 individual bedrooms, some of which had two beds in them, all with private baths. There were several other empty rooms that could easily be made into comfy dens or viewing rooms. And there was an awesome rec room, with a pool table, a ping pong table, every console known to man set up with it's own settee in front. "Oh my God!" exclaimed Maggie, as I was too speechless to say a word. "Why haven't you shown us this room before?"

They both shrugged, "We've been too wrapped in you," said Sam, smiling into my eyes.

"Good save," I said, smiling back. "And wow, how many more cards did you max out setting this up?" I asked.

"Not as many as we used on the workout room," said Dean. And boy was that an understatement. There were machines, weights, benches, floor pads and even a boxing ring. "You guys really do know how to live." I said in awe.

"Hey," said Dean. "We saved the freakin' world. We deserve it!"

"Very good point," I said, and started on my warmups.

Sam and Dean

When the girls left the room to change Sam said "Dean, you need to tell Maggie."

Dean sighed and tousled his hair. "Sammy, no! I'm not putting that responsibility on her."

Sam stared at him in disbelief. "After almost ten years of making the same mistakes, you still don't get it do you? You still think you have the right to go around making other people's decisions for them. Don't you see? They both know something's up. They aren't stupid! And on top of that they are somehow attuned to us!"

He got up to go change his own clothes, and turned around at the doorway. "Dude," he said, "Either you tell her, or I will!"

Dean sat alone in the room for a few minutes thinking, more like distressing. Then he went to his room and changed, and went to wait outside the girls' room for Maggie.