Traffic

Lost in the traffic,

Stuffed in the attic,

Tricked into poison,

This wasn't my decision.

So many traffic,

I'm covered in plastic,

Giving us away,

A wrong Intuition.

A future we cannot hold,

And so far I'm getting cold,

Tainted shadows over my body,

up and down,

all so afraid,

we do not make a sound,

so to wish that we could just turn around...

Maria call to me...

I do not want my dreams to be stolen from me...

I want to have what I had...

But I cannot see the light,

I'm not at home tonight...

I'm lost in this atmosphere,

I wonder how much I'm up for sale,

Why doesn't anyone help?

There's no voice left to yell...

No more mommy or daddy?

No more joy of being happy?

And all the others with sad faces like mine?

What kind of creature would sell us like a pile of meat for a dime?

Being touched by many in pain of being alive,

But why us...

Why?...

I'm just a baby,

Take me away for a good life,

Save me... while I still live.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Helloo everyone! First of all i want to say, thank you for reading my poem. The other day i was watching a show about Human trafficking.

For those who don't know what it is, it is the sexual exploitation of children and adults and it is worldwide. Many companies trick kids and adults into thinking they have a modeling job, or acting or anything they can think of. And when the child or adult goes to that meeting, they kidnap them and force them to prostitute themselves to whoever buys. They sell them on websites and different places. But this is very sad. I wanted to know if anyone knew about this or have they written about this. So far i haven't had any answers in my topic except light. This is a problem that not many people know about, but can you imagine being kidnapped and forced to sell yourself to random perverts? And if you don't do it, they torture you or even kill you. Many children and adults have taken the choice of suicide.

I don't know how many of you guys know about this, I'd like to know your opinions, and there is a website of a foundation they have for victims of human trafficking,

http://www.fundacionmariadelosangeles.org/eng/home.htm

it is translated in english from spanish, Maria was a girl that was robbed from her family, and eventually got killed in the human trafficking, her mother made this foundation. They have been able to save 400 people in 2 years. I think more, and herself she has saved 159 children from this life. Human trafficking is just another word for slavery.

I'm not really asking you guys just to be aware of this. I'd love to do something to help end this, but frankly i don't know how except write about it and tell everyone else. Because I',m just one person, but a whole lot of us? Maybe we can do something about it.

Hearing this i just have to think, what can of human can do such a thing to children and even adults? I just can't accept it.

What if it was you, or your children, or your siblings or even your parents?