3) Meeting You

Third POV~

Arthur sat down at the table the man lead him to, his heart showing no sign of calming down.

He looked up at the sexy man, who smiled even wider and said "I'm Alfred and I'll will be your waiter!" Alfred, Arthur thought, so that's his name...

Alfred handed Arthur the menu and their hands brushed. They both blushed madly as Arthur tried hiding his face behind the menu, what's wrong with me!!! "S-sssoooo what can I get you lovely?" Alfred said trying to sound cool.

Why does he keep calling me those things?! "W-w-well umm..." Arthur was trying so hard to pay attention to the menu but couldn't calm down and focus "I'll have... Umm..." God, he's looked at me! Think fast! AAAHAHAHAHAAA CALM DOWN! Arthur stumbled for words as Alfred watched him thinking it's the cutest thing he'd ever seen.

"TEA!" Arthur finally managed to shout, gaining looks from the people around him. "Tea... In this weather?" Alfred said frowning slightly, Arthur just blushed even deeper, "Well... Umm..." he tried responding but couldn't find the words.

Alfred chuckled, "What is it with English people and tea?" at that Arthur looked Alfred dead in the eyes, "Excuse me?" he said threateningly. Alfred stopped laughing straight away, though finding this different serious side quite attractive as well as the cute side.  

"Calm down dude I was just joking." Alfred stated playfully, as Arthur's features softened.

"I'll tell you what! How about I make you an ice tea!" He said excitedly looking at Arthur who nodded "Yes, that would be nice thank you, Alfred." Arthur's heart had finally calmed down a bit and he could concentrate on his words better, the feeling of Alfred's name on my lips feels so right... Arthur thought before turning to the man and smiling. Alfred blushed and looked down, trying to think of something 'smooth' to say in return before looking at Arthur again. He finally smiled knowingly.

"Ice tea it is then! Though you're so hot I'm sure it'll be warm by the time it reaches your lips.~" Alfred whispered seductively, followed by a charming wink then he turned and left, leaving Arthur looking like a tomato.

When Alfred was finally gone Arthur let out a breath he didn't know he was holding. Finally being able to take in his surroundings, Arthur looked around. It was a bright, happy kind of place that was sea themed. There was lots of windows and fans to try and keep the place cool. The white tables seemed to be set in a random order around the place.

The one Arthur sat at was rather small and looked like it was meant for one person. On the table was a small vase with a single yellow and pink rose. He looked around and noticed each table had different flowers on them.

Patiently waiting he continued to listen to the song which was already half way through, All that it takes one more chance, Don't let our last kiss be our last, Give me tonight and I'll show you, he hummed along.

After a while of waiting he saw Alfred walking back towards him carrying an ice tea and... A glass of Coke, Arthur thought questioningly.

Not a day passed me by
When I don't think about you
And there's no moving on
'Cause I know you're the one
And I can't be without you

The music continued as Arthur's heart beat increased as the man walked towards him.

Can we bring yesterday back around?
'Cause I know how I feel about you now
I was dumb, I was wrong, I let you down
But I know how I feel about you now
Can we bring yesterday back around?
'Cause I know how I feel about you now
I was dumb, I was wrong, I let you down (I was wrong, I let you down)
But I know how I feel about you now

Yeah I know how I feel about you now

As the song ended Alfred was standing infront of the table again. He put down the ice tea infront of Arthur and said "Here you go cutie!~" which made Arthur blush and snap back at him "My name's Arthur!", Alfred smirked slightly having obtained his objective. "Well then Artie!", he said putting the coke down on the table "My name's Arthur not Artie, git..." Arthur mumbled eyeing the man suspiciously, who much to his surprise pulled out the chair and sat down opposite him.

"W-wHat are you doing?!" Arthur yelped in surprise as Alfred started drink the coke by sucking the straw in front of him. A light pink blush on his cheeks as he looked up at the stunned blonde. "W-well I-I- Umm... I've got break now so... You look lonely and... Well, uh. I– You– Like..." Alfred stammered, "You like- I like you- No wait! I mean... I'd like to get to know you." Alfred felt his breath catch in his throat, glancing at the angelic man infront of him, hopefully.

In the glow of the cafe their knees almost touch under the narrow table. Feeling each others heat radiating off the other. He want to whisper to Arthur, ask him if he believed in love at first sight, for Alfred never had until now.

The world had stopped and very this was​ quiet, no one existed except them. After what felt like forever Arthur smiled softly and let one a firm yet loving and helpless, "Fine.", knowing nothing would ever be the again.

God that's cliche, anyway chapter's a bit shorter and dedicated to UsUk. I have end of year exams coming up soon so I'm not updating that frequently.

P.S. what's better: shorter chapters that take less time or long chapters that take more time?