(9)

The rest of the group doesn't complain and the game of Truth or Dare begins.

The first few rounds include Ava chugging a whole bottle of beer which she detests the taste of, Kiera flashing her chest to the group, much to Harley's dislike and Cody walking up to a girl on the dance floor and kissing her which he apologised to me for when he got back to the group, like I'm supposed to give a shit.

"Truth or dare, Alex?" Kiera asks.

"Truth." He replies, anxious about the possible dare Kiera could give him, having seen the dares given so far. Little does he know that truths are usually worse. Especially in this group.

I laugh. "Of course, you would pick truth."

Harley shoots me a glare, telling me to shut my mouth. Kiera sits for a moment, thinking, before asking, "Have you ever been in love?"

Wow, that's not what I was expecting Kiera to ask at all. I was expecting something far more humiliating than that, something as thrilling as the worst dares that we've ever come up with were. Something that would show these people that Alex isn't one of us. That he never will be.

"No, I haven't." Alex shakes his head.

"So you've never had a girlfriend?" Ava asks, suprised. Alex shakes his head again.

"A boy like you? You must have had the girls at your high school lining up for you." Ava winks at him and he blushes. To get the attention of himself, Alex quickly says "Gemma's turn."

"Hang on, I never agreed to play this stupid game." I protest.

"What's wrong Gemma?" Nate smirks, devilishly. "Worried that we're going to find out one of your deepest, darkest secrets or make you do something terribly embarrassing?" He teases.

"No." I roll my eyes.

"Then join in." Kiera challenges. "Be brave like the rest of us." She sneers playfully.

"Fine." I turn my attention over to Alex. "Dare." I answer before he can even ask me the question.

An amused smile appears on my face as I watch him struggle to come with a dare challenging enough for me. He knows I'll do any dare he gives me, just because I won't want to back down from a challenge from him or anyone else.

"I dare you to, um, I dare you to..." The boy's struggle continues.

"To take your shirt off and keep it off for the rest of the game." Cody calls out and I roll my eyes. How juvenile. I shrug though and pull my shirt over my head. Without consciously doing so, my eyes travel to Alex's. His eyes are on my stomach, looking at the small tattoo of a flower that's just under the bottom of my bra.

Alex is probably judging it. Wondering why I have one. He'd probably never get a tattoo. Perhaps he finds tattoos pointless or thinks that they dirty your skin permanently.

Harley nudges Alex with his elbow. Alex's eyes quickly tear away from my body and the game keeps going. Ava has the same dare as Cody and has to kiss a girl on the dance floor. The girl's face goes as pink as the pink strands in Ava's hair and Kiera has to give her fuck buddy a lap dance.

Before I know it, it's back to Alex's turn. "Alex, truth or dare?" Nate asks him.

"I don't know why you bother asking. We all know he's just going to pick truth." I chime in, leaning back on my hands.

"Dare." Alex answers before he can stop himself, surprising the entire group and himself.

"Right. I dare you to take a shot of vodka." Nate challenges.

"But I don't drink." Alex complains.

"That's the point of a dare, honey." Ava smiles at him. "You have to do something that you normally wouldn't.

"Look, Alex, if you don't want to do it we can always come up..." Harley begins to say but Alex cuts him off.

"I'll do it." Alex says, determined. "Hand me the vodka bottle." He gestures to the bottle on the floor between Harley and Cody. Kiera hands it over to him and he brings the bottle up to his nose. Someone probably should have warned him not to smell it. Too late now. His nose scrunches up in disgust at the unpleasant smell, regretting taking a sniff of the clear liquid.

Giggles erupt from Kiera and Ava as Alex moves the bottle to his lips. He tilts his head back and lets the liquid in the bottle flow into his mouth. I can tell he feels the burning sensation in his throat as he swallows. He quickly removes the bottle from his mouth and starts coughing.

The group except for Cody and I begin clapping, congratulating Alex on taking what is presumably his first drink ever of alcohol.

With each round that Alex chooses dare, the amount of alcohol in his veins grows. That's his only dare, to drink vodka from the disgusting bottle that had had fuck knows how many different mouths on it tonight. It hasn't just been the people that sit in this group drinking from it either.

Alex is laughing hysterically. A dimple becomes visible in his cheek and his whole body vibrates as he does. There's nothing funny happening. It's the alcohol that's running through his veins, going to his head and heightening his emotions.

Nate, Ava, Harley and Kiera watch on amused. Alex's head tilts back. When he leans forward again, his head moves up to rub his forehead.

"My head feels dizzy." Alex's speech is slowed and slurred. He stumbles around as he gets to his feet. "I'm going back to the dormitory now."

Cody snorts beside me. "And how are you going to do that? You're wasted."

"I'll walk back to the dormitory." Alec responds determinedly. He begins walking away in the wrong direction to the front door.

"Should we go after him?" Harley asks.

"Nah. Kid doesn't know where he's going. He'll probably stay in the house until he sobers up." Nate shrugs and places a kiss on Ava's neck. She spins around on his lap and the pair begin making out. It doesn't take long for Kiera and Harley to disappear too.