Post-its (A.H)

Alec fancies you, he's too shy to admit it, so he leaves you post-it notes around the police station anonymously.

⚠️Warning: None.

|Requested|

Y/N's POV

I yawn, last nights activities catching up with me as I enter the station. Now when I come to think of it, an exhausted and sleep-deprived mess, staying up for 3 nights non-consecutively, researching the same case over and over again, was not a wise thing to do.

"Detective Y/L/N, morning." Ellie Miller smiles and I groan. "Oh, you okay?" She asks and I shake my head as I pour myself a cup of tea.

"No sleep." I mutter and she laughs, pulling a huge folder out of her own bag. "I work with D.I. Hardy, this is an every night situation." She frowns and I look to her wide eyed.

"Has that twig never heard of rest, mental health?" I dramatise and she giggles, thanking me as I hand her a mug of tea as well.

"No, he's heard of success though." None other than Alec speaks, I roll my eyes as I watch him snatch Ellie's mug out of her hand, and claim her beautiful tea as his own.

"Ya, well I'm going to leave, before I get roped into this horrible lifestyle of yours." I smile and he shakes his head as he pats my shoulder. "If I wanted you to suffer I would've chose you, but because I like you, Miller here, is suffering on your behalf." He smiles and I laugh as she slaps his arm.

After I take my leave, I plop myself onto my chair, cheeks burning as I lift the post-it from underneath my chair. Let's just say I've become accustomed to the compliments. Without them, my day doesn't feel right.

'Have you seen the Italian cuisine that's opened 2 miles from here, whenever I drive past, all I can think of is you, and your beautiful smile love.'

The note reads and I internally die, my insides melting.

This has been going on for a few weeks and each time I think I know who it is for certain, someone else would say something which would make me suspicious.

"What's that you got there?" Ellie snatches the post-it out of my hand as she reads it out loud. Snorting, she tears it up and I try to pretend I'm not annoyed.

"Creepy." She mutters and I roll my eyes as I grab my coat. "I think it's sweet." I simply reply and she shakes her head.

"Of course you do, for all you know this person could be stalking you, tell her Hardy." She nudges Alec but he looks lost in his own world. I've had my suspicions it was Alec many times, but because he's so private and reserved, it was easy to suspect anyone other than him.

"Miller, mind your own business." He scolds, his accent thick on his tongue as she rolls her eyes, leaving us.

That's when I know I've had enough and I rest my hand on his shoulder as he looks to me questioningly, wondering what I'm doing.

"New Italian cuisine, you want to test it out?" I ask.

"Isn't that what the guy on the post-it wanted?" He questions and I smirk.

"Ya, except you weren't here when Ellie read it out loud, which means the only way you could've known was if you were the one who wrote the note." I accuse him, a teasing smile tugging at the corners of both of our lips.

"Bollocks. And yes, I'll see you at 8." He chuckles which makes me giggle.

"I'll be waiting." I hum as I walk away. I always had my suspicions, knowing that it's tough and mean Alec that has been making my dull life so interesting lately, and that he has a soft side to him, it's really heart-warming.

A/N

I pictured this so much better than what it ended up in real life :(

~xx