Chapter 20

November
•••••Okieriete's Perspective

I ran my fingers through her hair. She roused slightly, repositioning her head in my lap.

My phone buzzed. I picked it up off the couch armrest.

Ant

«I'm almost there»

«Don't knock. She's asleep. Door's unlocked»

«okay. Have you told her yet?»

«no. I will when she wakes up»

The front door of her apartment opened a few minutes later.

Anthony quietly stepped inside. But he closed the door a little too loudly.

Jada lifted her head and blinked the sleep from her eyes.

When she saw Anthony, she jumped off the couch and ran to throw her arms around his neck.

"Where have you been?" She demanded.

"Shooting for a Netflix role!" He answered.

Anthony Ramos, the youngest member of the cast, had left Hamilton on November 20th.

It was now November 30th, and Jada hadn't seen him since he'd left.

"How's production going?" She asked.

"Good."

"And how are you?"

"Good."

"And finally, how are you and Jazzy?"

He laughed. "Good. How are you?"

She laughed as well. "Good."

"And how are you?" He looked at me.

I breathed a laugh. "Good."

"And how are you two?" He finished.

"Good." Jada nodded, looking over at me, as if searching for confirmation.
I nodded in response.

Anthony smiled. "Great, great." But he kept his eyes on me, as if hinting at something. "Great." He repeated.

I caught on, and tried to signal for him to stop.

Jada began to get suspicious, and Anthony quickly covered it up. "Anyway, I'm just here to personally invite the two of you to come over and have dinner with Jas and I. I was just gonna call, but I received a text message a couple days ago." He looked down at Jada. "It was a threat message, complaining that someone, no names mentioned, hadn't seen me in too long. That being said, I decided to come and invite you in person."

Jada rolled her eyes. "I'd tell you that was a stupid idea, but I missed you too much."

He smiled at her. "I gotta blast, but I'll see you both tonight?"

Jada looked back at me. "Can you make it?"

I nodded. "Yeah."

"Great." Anthony said again, his eyes staring into my soul. I gave him a look. He shrugged innocently before bidding us farewell.

Jada sighed happily, walking into the kitchen area and opening the fridge door. "I'm glad we get to hang out with them tonight." She said, pulling out a carton of orange juice.