Chapter 2

Leah's POV

   I have been bit!! Bit by a freaking scientific spider that can cause the genetics and your blood to grow stronger. So as I was saying, I am like a spider now. There are some kind of webs going through my veins and they can shoot out of my finger tips. I just woke up 3 days ago and discovered this. Unbelievable strength, like nothing I have ever seen before!

 I almost broke my window trying to get some fresh air. This is so weird and I don't know what to do. I wish I could talk to someone who understands. But this isn't something that happens everyday to a person. I cannot tell anyone. Then people will call me a freak, and I can't deal with that kind of pain right now. Especially not when my mother is on her deathbed right now.

 I put on a light pink tank top, ripped skinny jeans, black converses, and a black leather jacket. I put my hair in a ponytail and grabbed my bookbag. I raced downstairs and walked into the kitchen. My 2 little sisters were eating their cereal and my dad was drinking coffee. Everything is weird without my mom's shining smile in the morning.

 My mom was diagnosed with cancer 2 years ago. It was a shock to us all and was extremly hard on my dad. He was basically broken because of it. He hasn't smiled in forvere I have watched over my sister Kayla who is 7 and my sister Brenda who is 10. I had to make sure they went to all their after school activities and they were on time for school each morning.

 That is why I am glad I have my own car! ''Good morning Leah'' my father said without looking at me . Never taking his eyes off his phone ''Morning father'' I said as I grabbed a bowl of Apple Jacks. I sat down and began eating. ''Their are rumors going around the school saying that you have a boyfriend'' Brenda said. I dropped my spoon and faced her.

 ''Where did you hear that from?'' I asked. She smiled. ''My friend's sister saw you outside touching his face'' she answered with a smile. ''What were you doing that for?'' dad asked with a stern look on his face. ''I was cleaning up the blood on his face'' I said as I got up. I grabbed my bookbag and began walking out the door. I heard my dad call behind me, but I ignored.

 I put my key in the ignition and began driving. I blasted some Mariah Carey as I drove. She is my icon. As I drove, I looked around the streets. They were claer basically, but something caught my eye that really pissed me off. A man in a ally threatening a man with a knife. The man was elderly so it made it even worse.

 I parked my car just on the sidewalk and walked angrily to the alley. As I approached, I saw the look  in the man's eyes, who was trying to stab the man. He was furious and he looked like he was ging to kill. I didn't waste time, so I walked up to him and pushed him off the man. ''What do you think your doing?'' I asked as the man with the knife got off the ground.

 ''Look what you did little lady! I think I am going to have to rape you now'' he said as he licked his lips and came towards me. I was now even more pissed. ''Oh really'' I said with my hands out. Then he tried to push me to the wall, but I climbed on the wall. He was obviously suprised. ''What the h-'' he said, but I webbed his mouth shut.

 ''It isn't right to curse'' I said as I kicked him in the balls. I got him off the ground and took the web off. ''Your lucky I have a heart'' I said as I pushed him away. He ran off screaming down the alley as I watched with a smirk. When he was around the corner, I walked back to the car. I got in and turned on Mariah again.

 As I continued drivng, I noticed Peter walking down the street with a hoodie on his head. I smiled. He looked so cute with his head down and serious deep in thought. I slowed down and rolled down my window. ''Hey Parker'' I said out my window with a smile. He looked up smile and when he saw me, he smirked. ''Leah'' he said with happiness on his face. ''Thats me'' I said with a cheeky smile. ''You want a ride?''.

 He looked around and then walked ot the passenger side of the car and got in. ''Were you following me?'' he asked when I began driving. I laughed. ''No, I was just driving down the block and saw you....why? Do you want me to follow you?'' I asked with a smile. He chuckled. ''That would be rather creepy'' he said with a smirk. I laughed.

 ''So, why did you look so serious and deep in thought when I saw you?'' I asked. He loked at me nervously. ''I was just um, thinking about what momental gift I was going to give my Aunt May'' he said. He was obviously lying, but I decided to drop it if he didn't want to tell me. We arrived at the school ten minutes later.

 When I parked, he looked at me. ''Lets stick together this morning so we don't get late'' he said with a smile. I laughed. ''That would be amazing'' I responded. Then suddenly, we ended up staring each other down. He was so sexy! I thought I was going to melt with his eyes on mine! ''How did you now know my name yesterday, when we see each other in class and everything?'' I asked.

 That was a question that was dying to come out. I was scared to think that he didn't know me or anything. Because I wanted my crush to know my name! ''I guess after being knocked out, my head was elsewhere when you asked me that'' he admitted. I sighed in relief. ''Oh thank god! I thought something was wrong'' I exclaimed.

 He laughed. ''Come on. Or we'll be late.....again'' he said. He was the last out of the car, and when he did.....he broke my window. Like, he slammed the door and the window shattered. I was stunned. How did he do that? And how am I going to explain that to my dad?

 ''Oh god! I am so sorry! I will pay for everything! It was an accident'' he said in panic. Though, I was alittle shaken, I nodded. ''Ok. Come by my house tonight at 8:00 and we can chat about it'' I said as I walked off. I smiled to myself. I just invited him to my house! I hope he actually comes! Lord, I hope he does!

 After school.............

 I hopped in my Mercedes and just sat in my seat. I looked through what was supposed to be a window. That will be extremly expensive. But that's not all I was worried about. I was worried about how he did it? How did he do it? He has muscles, but that was something like a bullet proof window. Maybe he is what I am?

 Wait, he can't possibly be bitten by the same spider. I was bitten when I was giving them their food at my intern ship at the Gorso building. It's this huge science building with all these labs. Its really extroadinary to be at a place like that.

 How could he have been bit if he is what I am? And it really isn't a good chance that he is because I was near the cages feeding them. I put my key in the ignition and drove off. But then I heard someone screaming. I stopped the car and looked behind me. It was Peter.

 ''Hey Peter'' I said with a smile as he came to my window. ''Hey um, how am I going to get to your house with out your adress?'' he asked. I chuckled. ''I guess I forgot'' I said with a smile as I wrote it down on his hand. ''Thanks'' he said with a smile as he backed away so I could drive. I drove off happily, thinking about tonight.

 I was on my computer, when I heard someone banging on something. I looked around and saw that it was Peter. He was on my balcony. How on earth did he get up there? I opened it and instead of him coming in, I climbed out. ''Hey'' he said with a wide smile. ''Hi'' I said nervously smiling back. He looked so cute even though he had the simplest of outfits on. ''How did you get up here?'' I asked. ''I climbed'' he said.

 I was shocked. How could he have possibly slimbed. My house is four stories and that mean it would be a long and risky clmb. Anyway, no one could climb it! ''How?'' I asked. I breathed in and out. ''Can I trust you?'' he asked as he looked away from me. ''Most definetly. If you don't want anyone to know then so be it'' I said confidently. I wouldn't tell a soul.

 He looked at me and smiled. Then he put his finger in a certain position and webs came out of his finger tips. The webs wrapped around my waist and he pulled me close to him. ''I am like a spiderman'' he said with a grin. I laughed. He is just like me! I then did the position and the webs stuck to his face. I pulled his face close to mine so our lips were inches apart.

 ''I am like a spiderwoman'' I said with a smile. He laughed. ''This is weird'' he said. ''It is and I am glad I can share this secret with you'' I whispered. And then he pulled his lips to mine. Sparks and electricity formed as we kissed. I was in heaven while I was kissing him. It was like floating on cloud nine! I could do this all the time.

 We finally pulled away for air and we laughed. ''Ou secret?'' he asked as a question as he held out his hand. I took it and smiled. ''Our secret'' I said with a smile. OUR SECRET!!!