(13) My dead boyfriend's brothers

My dead boyfriend's brothers.

Chapter 13

I woke up feeling tired and groggy but soon all the memories of what happened last night flashed through my head. I rolled over and saw Ethan sleeping peacefully next to me, just the sight of him laying there in my bed made my heart beat faster.

"Karley!" I heard my mom calling as she knocked on my door. A vision of my mom walking into my room and finding a naked boy in my bed flashed through my head and I had to remind myself to stay calm.

"Karley! You're going to be late if you don't get up right now!" My mom complained and I realized I had to say something.

"I'll be down in five minutes" I called hoping that would satisfy her.

"Ok, hurry up" She replied and I felt my body relax as I heard her footsteps disappear down the passage.

"Wake up!" I whispered as I shook Ethan. His eyes opened slowly but as soon as he saw me the corner of his mouth turned up into a smile.

"You have to get out of here right now!" I said getting out of bed and throwing his clothes to him. Luckily he didn't argue, he pulled on his clothes as quick as possible and climbed out of my window without another word leaving me stunned and confused.

"Karley!" I heard my mom call as her footsteps passed by my door.

I ran over to my cupboard and threw open the door. I didn't have time to worry about what to wear so I just grabbed the first thing I saw and pulled it on. After getting dressed in about ten seconds I ran to my bathroom to brush my teeth and comb my hair. Luckily I have naturally straight hair so that helped with saving me some time. I ran back to my room, grabbed my back pack and took a look in the mirror before running down stairs. I had somehow managed to look halfway descent in my rush, I had on a pair of faded jeans and a tight fitting black T shirt, nothing special but it would have to do.

"You're turning into a real teenager" My mom joked as I hurried past her and out of the door. Her remark was obviously aimed at me being late since I'm always on time unlike most other kids. I got into my car throwing my bag on the seat beside me and sped off. I had a million thoughts running through my head at the same time and decided that there was no way I was going to go to school feeling like this. I can't believe I had sex with Ethan and then the way he just left this morning without even saying goodbye confused me even more.

I needed time to think and clear my mind before I really went insane. I felt ashamed of myself for sleeping with Ethan because it somehow felt like I was cheating on Bret. I know I was being ridiculous and acting like a crazy person but I had to talk to Bret so I spun my car around and raced in the direction of his house.

I pulled into the driveway going much too fast and slammed on the breaks just in time. I cursed under my breath and ran to the front door knowing that his mother would be home. I rang the bell three times before she finally opened the door. She looked at me like she didn't know me and it was very obvious that she was way past drunk. I was about to say something but then she just turned around and walked away. I walked into the house feeling uneasy. I usually felt happy coming here but there was a strange vibe in the air giving me the creeps. She walked over to the couch where she fell down and grabbed an almost empty bottle of some alcohol I didn't recognize. I felt horrible for her but there was nothing I could do for her so I headed upstairs hoping I could get some peace and quiet.

I walked straight to Bret's room and swung open the door expecting to be greeted by his familiar room but instead I was greeted by a completely empty room, except for Ethan sitting in the middle of the floor with his back to me. I felt my heart sink in my chest as I realized that every last memory of Bret was removed from the room. I took a step forward into the room still in shock. I heard a strange sobbing sound that brought me back to reality.

"Ethan?" I questioned feeling my heart break into a million pieces at the sound of him crying. He didn't answer.

"Ethan?" I asked again starting to worry. He still didn't answer. I slowly walked over to him and felt my body go into shock as I saw the puddle of blood on the carpet in front of him.

"Ethan!?" I yelled falling down in front of him. Tears started stinging at my eyes and I was gasping for breath as the worst possible thoughts crossed my mind. What if I was too late? I couldn't lose him too.

He let the razor blade fall from his hand as he realized I was there and looked up into my eyes. His eyeliner was smudged from the tears that were freely flowing from his eyes.