CHAPTER 11

YOORA'S POINT OF VIEW

It's currently 1 AM and I can't sleep. So many things are in my mind right now and it's giving me a hard time to sleep no matter how hard I try.

I should make myself milk for me to sleep right away. I bet they are all drifted to dreamland by now. As if I'm scared of the dark.

I quietly went out of my bedroom and walked towards the kitchen when I suddenly heard glasses clashing onto each other.

Someone's awake?

I opened the lights and saw a startled Taehyung holding a mug.

"You startled me!" He whispered-slash-yelled at me.

"I'm sorry, Taehyung-ah. Why didn't you open the lights?" I asked.

"I can't find it so I just used my phone's flashlight instead." He said.

"Oh, I see." I said.

"Why are you still up? It's already late." He asked.

"I should be asking you that too. Well, I just can't sleep. That's all." I said.

"Why, is there something bothering you?" He asked.

"Not really. It's just.. about school. You know, it's already Sunday today and I'll go back to school tomorrow morning." I lied and started making chocolate milk.

"Oh okay. May I ask what year are you in?" He asked.

"I'm in my 4th year. I'll graduate in three months." I said.

"That's great. All you need is a little more push and everything will be done soon." He said while smiling at me and drank a cup of milk.

"Yeah right." I said.

"Wanna go to the balcony?" I asked.

"Sure." He said.

And with that, we walked towards the balcony where the moon and stars are our only light. This felt really warm and nice.

"Everyone's asleep now. It's already quiet." He said.

"Yeah. It feels nice." I said.

"So, why aren't you asleep yet?" I asked.

"I can't sleep as well." He said and looked at his mug.

"And why is that?" I asked.

"Nothing much, really. I guess I'm still adjusting here with the different timezone." He said and looked up in the sky.

"I see." I said.

"Yoora-yah." He suddenly said.

"Yes?" I asked.

"Have you ever liked someone?" He asked.

Just by thinking of it, I unconsciously smiled without him knowing.

"Yeah." I said.

"It feels nice, isn't it?" He said.

"Yes, it does." I said.

"Your heart flutters when the person you like comes near, talk to you, do things only you find really cute or even when that person's eyes meet yours. Instantly, you can feel your stomach filled with butterflies." He said.

"That's true." I said.

"It really does feel nice." He said.

"But it doesn't feel nice if the person you like doesn't even like you back." He added which made me look at him and saw him still looking at the sky.

"That's a different story." I said.

"It hurts and it takes time to heal. It isn't a nice feeling at all." He said.

"Of course it does hurt but it will eventually fade away." I said.

"But it's not that easy. It would never be easy." He said.

"You sure are talking about something serious, Taehyung. Are you okay? I bet there's something bothering you. You know, I'm just here to listen. You can talk to me, be open about it. You can't just hide everything inside you and wait for yourself to burst out soon. It's better to get healed early before making it last until you hurt yourself even more." I truthfully said.

I heard him let out a deep sigh.

"Come on, Taehyung.. what's wrong?" I asked.

"The girl I like doesn't like me back, Yoora-ssi."