Chapter 03

Young Love
Chapter 3

I sat there confused for what seemed like a good two minutes, and Evan was definitely taken aback as well.

"I drove here, I can't leave my car here," I said, politely declining his offer.

"Come on, we live right by each other, I can take you to school tomorrow morning, and I'm sure Evan or Ash could drive you to work tomorrow." He had a good point, and I am kind of dying to take a ride on that bike. I smiled and nodded my head, Kaden smiled back at me, and then he started to walk his bike out to the parking lot.

Evan looked at me curiously, "this doesn't seem like you, Kode. Being whisked away by complete strangers," he said. Only he didn't know Kaden wasn't a stranger at all. Kaden might not recognize me, but it doesn't matter, if he's still the same we'll go back to the way we were in middle school. I'm not sure if this even is the Kaden I knew, if he is I don't know how to break it to him that I'm me.

"I'm not being whisked away by him, I'm being whisked away by that bike," I said smiling and giving him a hug before I left. "Bye Ash," I called before walking out to the parking lot.

I then heard a faint, " Have you asked her out yet?" From one of the guys. They're probably just talking about some girl from our school. I shook it off and started to walk towards Kaden.

He was leaning against his bike, looking down at his phone, and a helmet in his other hand. He looked up at me before I could even say anything. He beamed at me and handed me the helmet. I started smiling back at him. "Thanks by the way, I honestly can't wait to ride this."

He chuckled that adorable chuckle and for some reason my stomach felt as if it was doing somersaults. He grabbed his helmet, and I sighed. "What," he asked. I didn't think he could hear my sigh with my helmet on.

"Your hairs gonna get messed up," I said disappointedly. He chuckled again and he put on his helmet, then sat on the bike. I got on behind him and I wrapped my arms around his waist. He started to rev the engine and I smiled excitedly. In a second we were taking off. The wind felt great, and honestly, so did Kaden.

His stomach felt like steel, and I wonder what he did to stay in such a great shape. I tightened my grip when he started to go faster. I laid my head down on his shoulder, and I felt him tense beneath my touch.

"Most girls get scared on bikes, what's so different about you?" Kaden yelled over the wind. "I have a thing for motorcycles, they don't scare me off," I replied jokingly.

In a couple of minutes we were at our houses. He pulled into his driveway and turned off the engine. We took our helmets off at the same time. I'm sure my hair looked like a mess, but his was perfectly fine. How does he do that? He saw me staring at his hair and he smiled before grabbing my hand and helping me off of the bike. I nodded at him as a thank you.

"Thanks for the ride," I said once I was back on the ground. "No problem," he replied.

"What's wrong?" He asked breaking my train of thought. We were at my front door.

"Oh, nothing, sorry I was just thinking," I said quickly. "About?" He asked. I tried to think of something as quickly as I could.

"Weren't we supposed to be having dinner tonight?" I asked, remembering my dad telling me about it and recovering myself quickly. "Is this you're way of asking me on a date, cause we just met today. I mean I'd love to but I think you're taking it a little too fast, I barely know you" he jokingly said, but little does he know. I playfully slapped his arm and said, "No, with our families."