Chapter 02

Young Love

Chapter 02

Have you ever had that one experience of silence. Not just normal silence, or an awkward silence, or even a comfortable silence. But one where everyone and everything was making noise but you couldn't focus, so it's just quiet.

When Mr. Lance announced his name, that's the type of silence I was greeted with.

It was practically eating me alive. What was seconds felt like hours. All I could focus on was him, and how eerily silent it felt.

I ignored the squealing of girls, the whispers of the boys, the noise coming from the broken air vent, and just let the silence swallow me.

Of course, this can't be the Kaden I know. This Kaden is living with his mom and sister. Right?

The Kaden I know, is with his dad, and he doesn't even have a sister.

I let the noise fill back into my head, as I readjusted my focus.

Kaden sat in the empty seat in front of me, and beside some pretty dirty blonde. I think her name is Eren.

I stared at his back and watched him pull out his phone and put headphones in. He started tapping his foot to the music as Mr. Lance gave us a lecture.

"Kaden," said Mr. Lance. His head shot up from looking down at his phone and he took one ear bud out. "No phones in the classroom. Since your new I'll let you off with a warning, but I don't want to see it again." Mr. Lance continued writing the notes on the board.

"Hey, do you have a pencil I could borrow?" I looked up and my eyes met with that mesmerizing pair of gray eyes. I nodded my head yes and pulled up my bag to grab a pencil. It took a couple of seconds of flustering around my cluttered bag to find one, but I managed. I handed him the pencil, and he raised an eyebrow towards me.

"Don't you live in the house right by me?" He asked with a curious look.

"I'm pretty sure. Didn't you just move in yesterday?" I asked. He nodded his head and gave me a crooked smile. "Well I'll see you later," he said before turning back around.

°°°

I made my way to the cafeteria to pick up something to eat, then to go to the art room. Normally I would eat with Evan and Ashton, my friends, but they have football meetings during lunch for the next week.

Evan and Ashton were pretty accepting of me when I first moved here. I met them at my job, then I found out that we went to the same school and we've been inseparable since.

I slowly walked in the cafeteria, my head hung low to avoid making eye contact with anyone.

I made my way to the lunch line, not bothering to watch anything but my feet. Of course, with my luck I managed to bump into someone's back.

I looked up, to mumble a sorry to whomever I hit. I looked into a pair of cold brown eyes, that pierced through mine.

"I'm sorry," I mumbled, still staring at her.

A smile made it's way onto her falsely tanned face. "Ow. Watch where you're going, " Bri said, a sly smile forming on her lips as she saw who bumped into her.

Here we have Bri Woods, everyone looked up to her for some reason. However, she's always hated me. Ever since I first said hi to her she disliked me. She was so different then. She looked so much more natural, with blonde hair and bright eyes, and a big smile.