06 | dead all along.

JENNIE was dumbstruck. "what the hell?"

"i know you're really confused but please just let me explain." jisoo pleaded.

she didn't know what but something inside her told her to listen to jisoo. "okay." jennie agreed.

a few minutes later jennie found herself sitting on the same park bench where she and jisoo had their first date, waiting for an explanation.

"so, go ahead and explain. i'm listening."

jisoo took a deep breath. "as you already know, i was killed about a year ago-"

"wait so you mean to say you're a ghost right? then how come i can see you? the stone went right through you but i can touch you, also i know i might sound like a bitch asking this but my curiosity is getting the best of me and i just want to know who killed you." jennie fires her with questions.

"oh my god! jennie calm down, i'm gonna explain everything but how am i supposed to if you don't shut up?" jisoo snapped at jennie.

"okay. please continue, i'll shut up." jennie looked like a kid who had just been grounded and jisoo secretly thought it was very cute.

"we ghosts are not exactly how humans think we are. we aren't some terrifying and ugly looking creature with blood all over. we look exactly how we did before dying." she begins.

"also we can show ourselves to whoever we want to. for example right now you're the only one who can see me, if somebody else looks here then only you would be visible to them, not me. unless i want a person to see me i will be pretty much invisible to them."

"wait so if anyone sees us right now then they'll think i'm fucking nuts!" jennie exclaims.

"precisely." jisoo smiled. "and the reason the stone went through is similar to the previous one. only the thing or person i want to touch me can touch me."

"oh god that came out wrong." jisoo put her hand over her mouth causing jennie to burst out laughing.

"don't worry i get what you mean." jennie says over the sound of their laughter.

"you want to know about my killer right?" jisoo looks straight into jennie's eyes.

"y-yeah i mean if you want to." she hesitantly replies.

"well to be honest i myself don't know who killed me." she pauses.

"the thing is after you become a ghost, you don't remember who killed you. this happens so that ghosts don't avenge their deaths. i don't know who made this rule or why it's supposed to be like this. you're supposed to cross over after dying but the people who have incomplete wishes stay here in the form of ghosts or spirits as some like to call it until their wishes are completed."

"doesn't that mean that you have an incomplete wish because you're still here." jennie questions.

"i do. my wish is for my killers should be caught and that's irony at its best because i don't fucking remember them." she lets out a laugh.

jennie felt really bad for the girl. a person like her didn't deserve it. she died way too young and deserved to be in a better place but instead she was stuck in this awful place.

"is that why angry ghosts attack innocent people? because they have wishes which they know can never be fulfilled."

"wow jennie you're smarter than i thought." the older girl confesses.

"you thought i was dumb? i'm hurt." jennie dramatically pretends to wipe a tear while placing a hand over her heart.

jisoo chuckles at her antics. it had been a while since she laughed. being with jennie gave her happiness but she shouldn't long for something that isn't possible, right?

i'm so fucking sorry for not updating yesterday. please go ahead and shoot me.